SRI Trouble

Hmm, think i posted this some where else too but still, I need the exposure

For those who know, I recently installed a short ram with a simota (oil/cotton) pod in my 1zze (auto).

For the first week it was great! The sound, the (slightly) better throttle response etc etc... Hence the "epic battle" with the Dc5.

But as from 3 days ago I've noticed that the sound is much softer and the car seems to feel like i've gone back to the stock air system.

i've opened the bonnet and checked the SRI and pod and it seems to be ok with no leaks.

Any ideas on why?

Haha then again maybe my poor installation has stuffed something up.

check all pipes, reset ecu.. thats how i'd start the process...

maybe leave your car for a week or drive a stock model with no mods then come back you may just have got used to the intake.. alot of people have had this feeling..

Wow! hole in the pipe? how did that happen?

Guys I've reset the ECU and its all better again, but I'm a little worried coz Danz was telling me that the Auto ecu adjusts faster to temp and may be compensating for the extra air in.

Or worst... If Silvabullit is right...

any fixes?

the bracket closest to the throttle body snapped off the pipe :o and left a massive hole in the bottom after the airflow sensor, no wonder my cars been running like **** :(

to top that off, the gearbox has to come out of the car cause something is ****** and it "may" be under warranty :(

it didn't, i mentioned issues about the clutch pedal height, friction point, shuddering pedal, crunching into 3rd gear when cold and ocassionaly the smell of clutch.

they are now going to take the gearbox out and find out what is wrong, i'm hoping not the clutch because i doubt they would replace that under warranty

both issues happened at same time as well as the brakes making bad sounds under braking.

considering selling the car :( tired of all the problems and hassles to get things fixed

Edited by darkeh