wind screen wipers

J0ker

I know this is probably a really stupid question but i bought wind screen rubber things for my aurion to change them over. I told they guy its n 06 but he only had the specs for an 07 and the rubber came with out the metal thing in it. I was wondering if this is normal or not?

cheers

You should be buying Bosch Aerotwin blades as they are the stock ones that come with the car. The serial for both are BBA500 and BBA600. Also there is no replacing the rubber only. You replace the whole wiper blade itself.

Judging by what you say i'm guessing you bought the wrong one.

You should be buying Bosch Aerotwin blades as they are the stock ones that come with the car. The serial for both are BBA500 and BBA600. Also there is no replacing the rubber only. You replace the whole wiper blade itself.

Judging by what you say i'm guessing you bought the wrong one.

Actually you can get rubber inserts. I bought a pair of Tridon inserts for $12 which work quite well. You transfer over the metal supports from the old blades to the new one. Quite a smart way they are made actually. You can read more about it here:

http://www.tricoproducts.com.au/pdf/Trico-TRJ710flyer.pdf

To the OP, I'm pretty sure you will find the 06 Aurion wipers are the same as the 07+. You reuse the curved metal supports.

Edit: Doing a search on the forum here is quite helpful by the way. I feel like I have heard this before so I did a search just to see what you can find:

Replacing Aurion wipers

You are correct in saying that the generic wiper blades will not fit, however, this design is not unique to toyota and from what i understand, its not all about trying to ruin DIY work for us..... but on the plus side, you arent stuck with using genuine blades!!

The type of wiper blade on the Aurion is relatively new to the market (in contrast to the generic ones which have been around for many many years) but has been creeping into the market for quite some time now and there are many other cars that run these, and have been doing so for quite a while. This type of blade is referred to as a japanese style blade.

If you remove your wiper blade from the original assembly you will notice that the two metal rails that fit into the rubber insert are both curved. The reason for this is that it is supposed to give you more consistent pressure along the length of the blade; in contrast to the orignial blades which apply additional pressure only at the claws of the arm to the blade (not sure if i explained that clearly but thats how the tridon rep pitched it to me last year - im an ex supercheap auto manager)

Long story short the new type of blade/wiper setup is supposed to give better performance and lifespan; unfortunately at a slight inconvenience to us consumers as it has changed a standard that has been around for years.

So what you need to do is slip into a retailer which sells an updated range of wiper blades; as an ex manager (thats right, an EX manager so im not trying to plug for them!) i know that any supercheap auto store stocks tridon which include what you need in their range.

MRJ2028-2 ..... Take that part number into SCA and say i want these, chances are if you ask for blades for an aurion and get some little punk serve you, you will end up with the wrong ones in the form of generic blades. This is the part number for the correct wiper REFILLS made by tridon and from MEMORY(dont quote me) will set you back around $30 or so. They are a rubber blade that is coated in graphite; not the horrible squeaky (but long lasting!) silicone variant which i think you would struggle to find in this style. I have had them on my aurion for bout 3 months and they work great.

Not sure how the cost of these competes with toyota because it was way too convenient to just pick them up from work when i worked at SCA.

P.S DJKOR i saw you at my taringa store late last year but by the time i realised it was you (i recognised your car) you were reversing out so i missed trying to talk your ear off - Bit of useless info for ya to show what a small world we live in.

Hope this helps!!

Off topic, that's the same place I got my wiper rubbers from. Small world.

Thanks allot for everyone's answers, it ended up being the right one and yeah i just had to transfer the metal in the old one. I was always used to just buying the rubber with new metal in it, that's why i was unsure about it. Thanks allot for everyone comments.

Now im off to toyota to buy the new plastic on my side mirror that my mom broke driving into a ute X) lol cheers again people

• 6 months later...