2007 Corolla Seca Radio/Stereo Double-din?

hello,

again i know i am new and i bet i will get the response just search... now i did this first before i even signed up

i have a simple question and here's hoping someone can quickly answer me about the 2007 corolla seca radio... the missus just got the car and we want to chuck in a better stereo for her birthday and i need to know if it is a pure double-din? will i need spacers on the left and right hand side as well? or a double din holder or something? as i don't want to purchase a stereo until i know which parts i need

cheers

if its the same as the previous model then you only need the spacer... i dont think double DIN have a holder like the single DIN.

the space should only cost around the 10-15 buck... i think i paid 10

will i need to get this part from toyota themselves?

edit: i called my local toyota spoke to this guy who had no idea honestly i explained what they were (as i have seen pictures) and he didn't know deadset lol he couldn't even tell me the dimensions of the radio hahaha.. 2 more questions

1. does anyone have a part number for these spacers?

2. how can i check which model the car is as in 2007 they changed models?

edit2: i found this would this work aswell http://www.npsonline.com.au/shop/item/aerpro-fp958204

Edited by joshlux

if its the same as the previous model then you only need the spacer... i dont think double DIN have a holder like the single DIN.

the space should only cost around the 10-15 buck... i think i paid 10

will i need to get this part from toyota themselves?

edit: i called my local toyota spoke to this guy who had no idea honestly i explained what they were (as i have seen pictures) and he didn't know deadset lol he couldn't even tell me the dimensions of the radio hahaha.. 2 more questions

1. does anyone have a part number for these spacers?

2. how can i check which model the car is as in 2007 they changed models?

edit2: i found this would this work aswell http://www.npsonline.com.au/shop/item/aerpro-fp958204

i purchased the part that i linked too and well see how we go then ey

Hey J,

You will need to get the spacers for your rolla if you go Double Din. Also for ease of connection, get the wiring loom. ie: Factory > OEM, OEM > <stereo manufacturer>. This means you dont have to run new cables for speakers or go cutting into your factory loom!

http://www.aerpro.com.au/list.php?pcode=AP1398T&cat_name=HARNESSES+++++++++++++++++++++&cat_no=10&product_name=TOYOTA+WIRE+HARNESS++&cat_sno=

^^ Should do the trick :)

Hey J,

You will need to get the spacers for your rolla if you go Double Din. Also for ease of connection, get the wiring loom. ie: Factory > OEM, OEM > <stereo manufacturer>. This means you dont have to run new cables for speakers or go cutting into your factory loom!

http://www.aerpro.com.au/list.php?pcode=AP1398T&cat_name=HARNESSES+++++++++++++++++++++&cat_no=10&product_name=TOYOTA+WIRE+HARNESS++&cat_sno=

^^ Should do the trick :)

can i pick something like this up from autobahn or something?... i really dont want to wait for the post again... i bought that item in the link so i should be good for the double din space now

autobarn, supercheap, JB hi-fi....all do should have it :)

yeh sweet i just hacked into me factory wires for the lux lol (well the previous owner did ;) )