Ryde Toyota, service centre any good?

I'm almost up for my 10,000km service. The closest service centre is Ryde Toyota in West Ryde. When I was checking Google Map for location, it showed one review and it basically says that service center is dodgy.

Anyway, has anyone had their service done by Ryde Toyota? Is it any good?

I bought my car from Guildford Western Toyota, I'm not really happy with their service, they couldn't fix my 1st gear problem 100%, and it's too far... and I don't wanna catch a stray bullet. :whistling: :P

Thanks guys.

don't bring to toyota service unless u know someone work there, as their quality of service is pretty crap in general.. Are u in the fixed price service program with them?

U can bring to my workshop in pendle hill, we have very experienced mechanics here and had worked for toyota service for 5 years before establishing our own business

And our service will not affect ur new car warranty as fully licensed and follow service as per logbook to retain your warranty.

whats wrong with your 1st gear by the way? is it a clutch problem?

Thanks mate, I do have that $130 capped service pricing. Your place is quite far from mine though, which is one of the reason why I'm looking at getting the service done in west ryde.

How much am I looking at if I get you to do the service? Everything is stock and I only use it for commuting, no heavy load or pushing the car to the limit.

I do want to get a second opinion on the gearbox though. From neutral to 1st gear if I do it a bit quick, I can feel the car nudged forward a bit. Western Toyota reckoned the clutch didn't fully engage and replaced 3 major parts for me, but it's still doing it on uphill start. No problem with any other gear.

we'll do it around the same price for the minor services, major service u looking at $300 mark. we can do pick up and drop-off service of the car if u needed and provides courtesy car if request at extra cost.

we can check out the gearbox issue but if needs to change part for it i recommend u to bring back to toyota cos is a warranty issue.

do not bring ur car to western toyota worst customer service and worst place to get it serviced. They ended using a rattle gun to untighten my lock nuts which u need a key and stripped my wheel which is made our of aluminium and hell was i ****** off.

Thanks for the info Mark, but I think I'll give Ryde Toyota a go first. If they're as bad as Western Toyota and when I decided to mod the car, I'll come to you. Are you sure your service won't affect the warranty? because I vaguely remember something about the warranty being valid only if I get my car serviced by Toyota. I might need to read the warranty conditions again. What's your workshop called? Cheers.

@master.Cuong,

I got the vibe that the people at Western Toyota service centre are just going through a motion when I went for the complimentary 1000k service. No passion at all. I tried to talk to the service manager about installing TRD sway bars to improve the car handling around corners and the response I got was that it's not a ferrari, don't drive it like one.

Toyota Australia needs to import a few exciting cars before their mechanics die of boredom.

No input on Ryde Toyota at all guys? If not, can one of the mods please move this thread to General Toyota Discussion forum? Maybe I can get more input there since I only want to know about their service, doesn't matter what car.

Edited by P_T

a mate of mine worked/works there...and i have had a few family friends of mine service their cars there...

i havent heard any bad feedback about the place..

Is pro car auto, u can find us on facebook.

i think u got misconcept by that if u dont bring back to the dealers u lose ur warranty. the reason why make these capped price service program is because they losing customers to the mechanics outside..

I'm at Ryde service centre now. First impression is that they're a bit slow and don't have enough staff.

The staff also have that laid back attitude. They asked me what time I need the car by and when I said 11am, instead of saying it should be finished by then, they just said we'll call you at 11am. 3.5 hours to do a 10k logbook service?

There's also a sign that said they're not responsible for damage I car park. That mean if they screwed up and scratch my car, they can't get blamed for it.

Mark, how long does it take to get my car serviced at your workshop? And if I come early morning, can I get priority? I don't have much time as my work starts at midday and I live far away from your place.