Follow Me III

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know anything of the sat nav audio unit that will replace the Folow Me II headunit?

(The new full size in dash Sat Nav unit is shown in the new HiLux Interior )

There is a new and very impressive level 3 sat nav system in Hilux. This system including level 1 (base model vehicle) Level 2 (mid spec) will be rolled out over the end of this year start of next. Starting with Hilux and yaris. there specs are pretty sweet and have some very awesome features like voice activation and parrot Bluetooth which is easier to use and has superior performance to the current units. Also to update your sat nav version is easier now it’s on SD card and also cheaper. Around 100bucks now. so if you wanted you could buy one of these new units and put it in your car. its a million times better unit then the follow me units for a very similar price maybe even slightly cheaper

It looks better than the previous model.

Not only does it look better, but it's miles better! operation is in another league. simply as to use and reliable as the rest of the car now! which you could not say about th Bluetooth or sat nav operation in previous models

Not only does it look better, but it's miles better! operation is in another league. simply as to use and reliable as the rest of the car now! which you could not say about th Bluetooth or sat nav operation in previous models

I agree, the bluetooth on the previous models wasnt as good as it should have been.

I agree, the bluetooth on the previous models wasnt as good as it should have been.

We have both the full size and the Follow Me II the bluetooth in the full size was excellent but the Follow Me II had a few compatibility issues.

To be honest you wouldn’t call the performance of the Bluetooth on any of the old models anything but below average... Toyota got completely sick of hearing this and told fujitsu ten to give them the best there is as they knew it had to get it right this time round and they have it works flawless first time very time and are super clear. We was playing around with the system in the new SR5 today and we talking ton Bluetooth from out t side the car and it was still crystal clear and to attach to the Bluetooth is Childs play. Also there is no compatibility issue with the new system not even with nokias and iphones which seemed to give the most dramas. The L3 system is around 1280 buck to buy outright or a puny 300 buck to upgrade in mid range models like corolla conquest for example (that is when it is released in the rolla) really is a top system.

To be honest you wouldn’t call the performance of the Bluetooth on any of the old models anything but below average... Toyota got completely sick of hearing this and told fujitsu ten to give them the best there is as they knew it had to get it right this time round and they have it works flawless first time very time and are super clear. We was playing around with the system in the new SR5 today and we talking ton Bluetooth from out t side the car and it was still crystal clear and to attach to the Bluetooth is Childs play. Also there is no compatibility issue with the new system not even with nokias and iphones which seemed to give the most dramas. The L3 system is around 1280 buck to buy outright or a puny 300 buck to upgrade in mid range models like corolla conquest for example (that is when it is released in the rolla) really is a top system.

Do you know if there are any preouts on the new L3 unit?

Do you know if there are any preouts on the new L3 unit?

Hey sorry mate, i thought i replied. i wrote it at work and must never of hit the post button. Anyway i have emailed my mate at jujitsu Ten and just waiting his reply on your question :)