Toyota Audio Upgrade

Davvy

Hey guys I wanted to upgrade my stock audio unit on my 2005 model Corolla Ascent hatch...

I'm having a visual look at the website it seems to be the same size as the stock one on the car at the moment

so I reckon it should fit.. This is the website: http://www.toyota.com.au/owners/accessories/audio-navigation/audio

I was thinking the one in the middle as the light illumination is green which is what the stock colour is..

Has anyone upgraded there stereo with one of these Toyota Audio units & roughly how much are there units?

Thanks heaps guys :D I know I could simply buy an aftermarket one but I like these ones they seem pretty good..

im not too sure how much they would be but because its a genuine factory part it isnt going to be cheap

it does look pretty amazing though would be a awesome feature

Edited by devza121

Hey Davvy,

Funny you should ask this question, ive just been doing a lot of research in getting one of these headunits for my ZRE 2010 corolla! And as devza121 said, the unit isnt cheap :( Its around $880 all up when you purchase this item genuine from a dealer. There is a few different colours of the unit, silver, grey and black and it comes in both green and orange illumination. If you were to look on ebay there is always a few of these headunits up for sale, but i was really hesitant to buy one of them, for one they couldnt tell me what colour the backlight was (i wanted orange to match my car) and secondly whenever i asked about security pin codes for the unit, i kept getting really dodgy answers. Because if you buy one and its stolen and when you plug it in it asks for a pin, then your stuffed. I heard rumors you could buy the pins from toyota, but i didnt want to risk it.

ello Davvy.

I would suggest going non-genuine. More features and usually a tad cheaper.

I have an 06 Ascent Sedan and have done the same thing. I take it your looking for a double-din headunit.

http://shop.1wow.com.au/productcart/pc/KENWOOD-6-1-D-DIN-T-TFT-SCREEN-DVD-MP3-TUNER-50wX4-USB-AUX-IN-DivX-21p18516.htm

^ something like this, you would wanna look for. Or you can grab something cheaper, without touchscreen

http://shop.1wow.com.au/productcart/pc/JVC-D-DIN-MP3-TUNER-50Wx4-5V-FRONT-AUX-IN-USB-1x-RCA-SWITCHABLE-EQ-REMOTE-21p10144.htm

^ like that. (also green ^^)

Then you would wanna grab yourself some spacers for the side

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/3320/17102006ga0.jpg

^ exactly like that. You should be able to pick them up at the toyota site for about 15 bucks all up.

86221-52050 LH Side

86221-52060 RH Side <--- thats the part numbers.

Hope this has helped. ^^

Thanks bro appreciate it.. Yeh looks like might have to just go with the non genuine the genuine is bloody way over priced but oh well..

I rang a few dealers & they said to me that if I want it cheaper I can wait for a customer not wanting theirs.. Like if a customer buys a brand new toyota & they want the GPS navigation unit instead they remove the original one out of the brand new car & replace it with the GPS navigation unit.. Toyota said if I bought the unit they removed it would around $450 fitted.. But thats the thing I'd have to wait & god knows how long that'll be.. Nevertheless they said it will still come with warranty & everything because the removed unit is practically brand new..

Thanks bro appreciate it.. Yeh looks like might have to just go with the non genuine the genuine is bloody way over priced but oh well..

I rang a few dealers & they said to me that if I want it cheaper I can wait for a customer not wanting theirs.. Like if a customer buys a brand new toyota & they want the GPS navigation unit instead they remove the original one out of the brand new car & replace it with the GPS navigation unit.. Toyota said if I bought the unit they removed it would around $450 fitted.. But thats the thing I'd have to wait & god knows how long that'll be.. Nevertheless they said it will still come with warranty & everything because the removed unit is practically brand new..

I have a factory 08 ZRE stereo sitting in box somewhere. To my knowledge it should fit fine cable wise.

send me a PM and we can work something out