aurion stock revers camera

Shadow_

my 2010 stock aurion touring come with 4inch screen, revers camera fitted.now i bought a kendwood DVD player head unit 2 din with revers camera RCA connection.

Q: can i use the stock revers camera with the kendwood unit, does it work? i been told the stock camera are 6 volts by a installer, not sure he is telling me the bs so he can make more money on me or he telling me the truth? he say the aftermarket head unit come with 12 volts if hook up with the stock camera it will blow up.. becuz is over powering. If anyone have done it please let me know any thanks.

The stock Toyota reversing cameras are indeed 6V. You're best bet is getting a DC-DC converter to change the 12V to th 6V required for the camera. I myself would use something like this for the application: Jaycar - Low Voltage Adaptor Kit.

Many thanks DJKOR you saved me $100. where and how to hook up this adator at ??at the head unit or at the back or the car? any idea??

Many thanks DJKOR you saved me $100. where and how to hook up this adator at ??at the head unit or at the back or the car? any idea??

I'd connect it up behind the head unit if it's for the factory camera. That way it reduces the effort required as you don't have to splice the factory wiring.

Bear in mind the kit I have linked to is a kit and requires you to solder it together. If you aren't sure how to do that, either find a mate that can do it for you or pay more for a pre-made version like this one.

I'd connect it up behind the head unit if it's for the factory camera. That way it reduces the effort required as you don't have to splice the factory wiring.

Bear in mind the kit I have linked to is a kit and requires you to solder it together. If you aren't sure how to do that, either find a mate that can do it for you or pay more for a pre-made version like this one.

LOL this will do perfect save my time.