engine flush

CROCO

Hi everyone

I thought I would ask the question are engine flushes worth or not, or would higher grade fuel such as bp ultimate , shell v power be enough not warrant the use of a engine flush, if you do recomend a engine flush how often and whats the advantages of using a engine flush and whats a good one to use.

ps, im not sure if this queston been asked before or not ,if it has im sorry.

any flush is good. as long as u use it regularly (30k or so) u will be doing ur engine a very good favour :) for the sake of an extra 20 bucks max, its worth it i reckon in the long term. i personally use amsoil but u can use whatevers reputable.

Hi kenshin I was just watching a video posted by ronnyboy, the people in the video who had there engines flushed professioally had total engine failure,do think its because they had older engines with more kays on them and didnt have their engines flushed regulary from new, or do you think it was because of a doggy products and doggy people.

Kenshin have you used a engine flush from new . do you think it doesnt matter how many kays a engine done before you start using a engine flush .

my mechanic used (probably the first time flush) at 75,000kms. came out nice and black. after this i religiously changed my oil every 5k and now i only have to flush every 30k and oil and filter change at 10k unless i track my car.

engine failure? i think so because the cars have high kms on them and the sludge that forms in between the rings acts as a seal. removing these will wreck havoc on your engine, hence the failure. i've heard of some destroying seals but i think these days, most flushes are ok for the seals.