Grille Guard(nudge Bar)

Ratheesh Kumar

Have any tried Grille guard from Westin for kluger in australia.

I have got a price for supply to Alice Springs NT,Australia for a grille bar and Aeries side steps(highlander version ) for $1000.Its too cheap and qood quality one.They says its safety combatible for similar highlander version.Could any one advice me on this,Also is there any similar products availabe in australia(nudge bar with Skid Plate) for Kluger 2012 model.I have searched it on ECB,ARB and TJM,but they could find only the ECB one with out skid palte for new kluger.Also the installation will need to cut the fins on front panels to get the support bracket through.Is that common on all nudge bars that need cutting of panle parts.Waht about toyota genuine nudge bar .Howz that fixed to body.is there any cutting of body panels involved.Is that replaceable or repairable if you want to sell the vehicle with out nudge bar in future.

suv accessories :: toyota accessories & parts :: toyota grill guards :: highlander grill guard :: 2012

westin-ultimate-bull-bar-chrome_t.jpgWESTIN® - Ultimate Bull Bar

Toyota Highlander 2012, Ultimate Bull Bar with Stainless Steel Skid Plate by Westin®. The secret of living a peaceful life in the asphalt jungle is to add a scary edge to your looks. The Ultimate Bull Bar is perfect for the purpose. Available in chrome plated stainless steel and black powder coat...Market price: $22.41 - $422.70

Our price: $17.93 - $338.16 save 20%

• 4 weeks later...

At last i ve decided to buy ECB 76mm Nudge bar for my grande low loop one and i am getting it from TJM,they are charging me $688+$135 for supply and fitting. Nudge Bar 76mm - ADR Compliant

The 76mm Nudge Bar, designed specifically for the Toyota Kluger, delivers excellent bumper nudge protection while retaining sleek and stylish aesthetics. Manufactured from hi-tensile, structural grade alloys, this superior quality alloy nudge bar offers excellent strength while remaining low weight. Designed in Australia, for our harsh Australian conditions, it will never rust or corrode. Standard features of the 76mm Nudge Bar include driving light mounting points and the ECB Lifetime Guarantee, for total peace of mind

• 1 month later...

DId u cut your bumper? the genuine tyt does't need any cutting at all.

Edited by tpl

not the entire bumber, only the frill to get the supports bolted to actual body,But no one will notice it and also the nudge bars will stay for ever as all other fittings on car .The genuine ones are so close to the body and is designed to provide pedestrian safety not actual car safety. It won't provide the same protection as other nudge bars on market.(This is only my opinion).I have compared both installations and decided to go for Nudge bar especially we live here in alice springs(NT).

• 4 months later...

Great to see the ECB bar fitted, I have just ordered one for my Kluger should be fitted on 7/12 here in Melbourne. I was considering the genuine toyota bar but too me it looked more like a cosmetic extension of the car with no real benefit, but that is my opinion only. Need some nice driving lights on it now Rath

Thats Ok,I had seen couple of Kluger with genuine nudge bar here in town and i thought i am the only one using ECB nudge bar till i see some more klugers in town last week with with same nudge bar as i have and i believe the number will rise soon..Not for looks but for safety of the vehicle(Some extend)

Cheers

• 1 month later...

I have installed new ECB nudge bar on my kluger through TJM,it looks so solid and very nice than the toyota one.see the pictures

I actually really like this nudge bar, compared to the genuine toyota one. I just bought a new kluger with this nudge bar, and it's disappointing it's not like the old version where it was high and went above the grille. I don't even know why toyota borthered with this type of nudge bar.

My current (soon to be gone) kluger has the high nudge bar - looks so much better.