UPGRADE ASCENT to LEVIN CLIMATE CONTROL

Hi everyone!

I'm really sorry if this has been covered before. I did spend a little time looking through threads but there's quite a few.

I have a 08 Ascent hatch that i am interested in changing the standard aircon panel for the LEVIN climate control panel.

Does anyone know if this will work or are there other things i need to change along with the panel?

Thanks!

one would think its not going to be easy.

firstly, the back panel to the levin controls just has one electrical plug, the other models have more cables.

secondly, the "auto" function will not work as it uses temp senors around the car to get the car to the desired temp. these would have to be installed in the other models.

Last, the change in the circulation mode (face, face&feet, etc) in the levin are motorised back to the controller unit............yeah no idea how that would interface on other models.

Personally, I wouldn't bother, but if you do go ahead, put up a step by step guide :)

• 1 month later...

one would think its not going to be easy.

firstly, the back panel to the levin controls just has one electrical plug, the other models have more cables.

secondly, the "auto" function will not work as it uses temp senors around the car to get the car to the desired temp. these would have to be installed in the other models.

Last, the change in the circulation mode (face, face&feet, etc) in the levin are motorised back to the controller unit............yeah no idea how that would interface on other models.

Personally, I wouldn't bother, but if you do go ahead, put up a step by step guide :)

One other factor on this is price, brand new you are looking approx $1600 for the panel and attached switchgear then there is all the sensors and controllers on top of that