Oil consumption...

Hello! i have a 1.6 vvti 3ZZE engine (2005). A few days a go I measure the oil, in the dipckstick, and I saw that was missing a 5 millimeters of oil (measure in the dipstick). I've done 10500 km's since the last visit to the dealer... the car as 135000 km's. So I went to the official dealer! They said thata the oil for the car was the "official one" (Toyota on the label) and they put 10W40... They said that the car eat 0.3 litres... Another thing: on the manual the oil as the 5W30 indication...

Edited by kompressor

Believe it or not but max consumption is 1L/1000km lol, as for a few mm of oil after 10k of driving wouldn't bother, get oil changed every 10k anyway

Hello! Thanks for the reply. My problem is that this is the 1 car that "needs" 5W30. All my Nissan was on 10W40. And none of them "eat" oil...

Hi

With 135k on the clock expect to use slightly thicker oil. Chill, relax normal, lucky u don't have a sidi commodore, before 15k service interval the oil disappears from the dipstick

Just do your oil change every 10k and u can go home and enjoy that I've cold Canadian club :)

They called the dealer right now, in the person of a Mechanical Engineer, and I was informed that for this type of block, the brand has always recommended the use of 10W40 and that this car has always been placed on this type of oil. I walked around the text so that way I got to know why the car is eating oil. The engineer went there to flee with its tail to the syringe until it told me it was normal if the car just walked. But coincidence or not it is true that there are days when the car is only 10 km's, there are others who do not work ...