Head unit and speaker upgrade

rawso

Hey guys,

Recently bought a 2008 Aurion Sportivo ZR6 and am looking to upgrade the headunit and speakers.

I've done a bit of searching on here and other sites, havent really found any concrete answers to some questions I have. I'm looking at either the Extnix Aurion headunit (designed for the aurion/camry) or a Pioneer AVIC-F40BT and for speaker upgrades keen on the critical mass speakers, SS69 and RS69 as they fit directly into the aurion with no mods.

Has anyone had any experiance with either unit or have them installed?

Hi Michael,

You might want to take a look at the link below also called 'Aurion Aftermarket speakers help me' if you haven't already. I got some advise on my rear speakers, you have to watch the depth of the speakers cause the tension rods for the boot can hit the back of the speaker if they are too deep, because of this thread I went with the Rockford Fosgate Punch series meantioned, as you will read in the thread they fit well in the rear but you still have to put rubber around the boot rods as they do touch the magnet, there is a link on there to some photos of these speakers installed and you can see the rubber around the rod, I have chatted with the member who's pics they are and he said the sound was good also, Rockford Fosgate Punch P1694C 6"x9" 4-Way, I got a mine off eBay for $129 delivered brand new. Have not installed them yet, the back seats have to come out to fit them but apparently they give good bass and midrange and are a perfect sounding speaker for the rear. As for the front I went with Jaycar Precision series 6 x 9 kevlar cone 2 ways with a 1 inch silk dome swivel mount tweeter. Appartently the Rockfords in the rear work excellently with just the standard head unit. Both the Rockford and Respose speakers are 75 Watts RMS. As for head unit I am sticking with the factory one, has the reversing camera screen and I am impressed with it's features. Can't afford to replace it even if I wanted to, have spend too much on other stuff on the car so far, time to rest my wallet. As you said though the critical mass speakers, SS69 and RS69 fit in without mods.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers

Graeme.

Hey guys yeah im in the same case as above...looking to upgrade my stereo...for the speakers im going with JL Audio C2 6.5'" coaxials for the front and JL Audio C2 6X9" 3 way speakers for the back (hope these both mount good as ive seen someone else on the forum has installed them and the sound quality is great).

As for the head unit I would really appreciate some help for an aftermarket head unit as I would like to keep the "stock look." Ive read the forum through and through and like rawso cannot find any concrete evidence as to what exactly is the best aftermarket head unit....is it the Easydeals unit?? is it the DigOptions unit?? is it the Auspack unit?? is it the AutoTunez unit??

Im going crazy...someone please help me and let me know which is the best unit out there at the moment that maintains the "stock look" and performs great too. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up going with the speakers from critical mass, Both the RS and SS. Hopefully they come this week sometime. Now I'm looking to buy an amp, looking at the JL AUDIO HD600/4 4 ch amp. Might be a bit of overkill but I've sorta got an idea of a white theme throughout the interior and it would be nice to have a white or silver amp. Anyone recomend anything else?

Think I'll go with an eonon headunit (one thats built for the aurion), but might just wait a bit for now. I'll upload some photos soon.

I ended up going with the speakers from critical mass, Both the RS and SS. Hopefully they come this week sometime. Now I'm looking to buy an amp, looking at the JL AUDIO HD600/4 4 ch amp. Might be a bit of overkill but I've sorta got an idea of a white theme throughout the interior and it would be nice to have a white or silver amp. Anyone recomend anything else?

Think I'll go with an eonon headunit (one thats built for the aurion), but might just wait a bit for now. I'll upload some photos soon.

Make sure you get proper cables. Good ones are not cheap. But you only install your speakers once. Dont suggest using the stock cables. Also, while you are at it, sound dadenning. Do all doors and boot.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone installed the critical mass RS69's?? Having problems installing them, not exactly sure how they go in...