Brisbane to Canberra roadtrip

rayt32

Hello guys, i just made a 2,890kms return trip from Brisbane to Canberra. All the DIY repairs and upgrade that i made really make my trip pleasant and worry free. Even though at the back of my mind i am doubting the correctness and longetivity of the repairs/upgrade that i have done.

The following repair/upgrade are:

1) replace all the timing belt and components. (cam/crank seal, tensioner/idler roller, water pump, thermostat etc)

2) upgrade the rear stabilizer bar from 17mm (standard) to 20mm Whiteline heavy duty. (this really improves handling especially understeer)

3) replace all four struts (front and rear) using KYB gas struts.

4) replace the fronts control arm bush ( front and rear) using nolathane urethane bush.

5)replace the rear trailing arm bush to nolathane urethane bush.

6) replace the front and rear stabilizer link (front and rear nolathane) and also upgrade the stabillizer D bush w/ Nolathane.

7) replace the front and rear disc pad using Bendix GCT also drain and flush the brake master cylinder and brake lines.

8)replace the left and right bank oxygen sensor. (it really improves the gas mileage also see "thirsty avalon thread")

9)replace the original slipping transmission w/ a second hand from wreckers. While on the process of replacing it , the rear crank seal, torque converter seal, left and right drive shaft seal are also been replace using Toyota genuine seals. (this is a very big and complicated job for me so i put it in BP station garage located at Boundary road Wacol).

10) replace all spark plug wires (original), use Bosch Iridium fusion plugs, left and right bank valve cover gasket .

11)use only synthetic 5w/30 synthetic oil (castrol edge at first, very expensive was able to procure Lubrimaxx synthetic from my workplace at wholesale price at 20litres container)

12) replace all tyres with Pirelli P7 (205/65/15)

There are more bits and pieces that i have done but those listed above are the major.