how many kms are the v8 petrol cruisers good for

v8 cruiser

hey fellas just wondering if anyone knows how many kms the v8 petrol motors in the 100 series are good for if they are looked after properly and serviced reguarly

cheers ben

Hi ben, the v8 motors in the 100 series are good for at least 400000kms no worries, they will probadly do half a million kms or more, my mates v8 100 series has done neally 300000kms and hasnt had one bit of trouble with it and it drives as good as cruisers with 50000kms on it, only thing he has replaced was the timming belt, which has to be done at 150000kms, apart from that nothing else, there reliable engines that are silky smooth and offer good low down torque, I driven my mates 100 series v8 on a number of occasion and I love it, they are great cars that just eat up the miles, I actually come close to buying one before I bought the prado, but the fuel economy was to much for me, but there a great all the same. if you want to know what other cruiser owners think of their cruiser have a look at the 4wd action web site, they give some of their oppinions and advice on what to look for and what problems to look out for, anyway ben good luck with the cruiser.

thanks for that david i will pop over to 4wd action website as well and have a look mines got 270,000kms on it and is sweet but was just wondering how many kms they can get out of an engine before they start having dramas

thanks for the info ;)

Hi ben yours having 270000kms on it, on my mates 100 series its starting to leak oil on the steering pump and he had to replace the water pump but thats it, so I probadly budget in the cost of a water pump and getting the power steering pump fixed aswell, there might other minor thing that might need attention in the future, but in genral they shouldnt be anything major depending on the way its been looked after and biggest thing of all is its service history, also another god site for landcruisers and prados is LCOOL web site they have a bit of knowledge on there.