Ae112 7AFE into AE102

Adza

Hi all,

My daughter has cooked the engine in her AE102 and I am looking at just dropping in a used one for now.

Will 7AFE from a AE112 work in the AE102?

I understand mechanically they are the same but are the computer the same or will I need the 112 computer?

Cheers,

Adza

Yes you can, provided you use the AE102 wiring harness loom. Get rid of the exhaust manifold of the AE112 and use the AE102. Pls also check that the sensor connectors of the wiring loom will fit the sensors connector on the AE112 engine. The distributor connectors countercheck also if the y will fit.

Yes you can, provided you use the AE102 wiring harness loom. Get rid of the exhaust manifold of the AE112 and use the AE102. Pls also check that the sensor connectors of the wiring loom will fit the sensors connector on the AE112 engine. The distributor connectors countercheck also if the y will fit.

Why get rid of the exhaust? The factory AE112 exhaust is way better than the AE102 (extractors straight from factory rather than a cast-iron manifold for one).

Don't quote me on this, but the computers _should_ be swappable, the later engine doesn't have any extra sensors or the like (plugs may be slightly different), but the tune may be different (there are slightly different power/torque figures for the AE112 compared to the AE102, some of that will be down to the exhaust but some would be in the ECU).

If you just swap in the long motor and re-use all the AE102 sensors and wiring then I can't see it being too much of a drama.

The O2 sensor of the Ae112 is located downstream , near the catalytic converter. While the AE102 is below the exhaust manifold, you have to drill and weld an o2 sensor bung on the ae112exhaust manifold/ extractor same position where the ae102 ,in that way you can install the o2 sensor.

But if you got no time to do the modification, just swap it.

post-27536-0-55350900-1346660970_thumb.jIt has a 13ohms heater resistance, high wattage, 4wires, Flange type (54mm pitch) sensor. I just installed this today, arrived from US, Part number SG470 Standard Motor Products, same sensors use on 1998-2001 Toyota Corolla/ Chevy Prizm 1ZZFE engine.

• 1 year later...