Can't program Corolla remote

kpro

I purchased a new remote for my 2005 Corolla ZZE122R. However, I can't seem to get the car to enter remote programming mode. I've followed the instructions in the pdf on this thread

Getting up to step 5, where the vehicle indicators don't flash at all.

I've tried it 6 times by now, varying the speed which I turn the ignitiion on and off, and the time before I insert the key. No luck =(.

Anyone have any ideas?

Those instructions are of if you have an existing remote and are adding an extra remote. Do you already have an existing remote?

Where did you get the remote from? From what I can see listed with Toyota the remote is not separate to the key.

What key are you using to try put it into programming mode, if it's the gray key ( Sub key) give up, it's not going to happen, you need the Black master key to put the car into program mode.

Are all the doors on the car closed properly, do the switches on the doors work, does the head lamp in the car work? does the central locking button in the car work?

• 2 weeks later...

I worked out I wasn't doing it fast enough.. When it says turn off/on 20 times in 20 secs it really means freakishly fast. Took multiple tries to get it to work but managed to program the remote.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm stuck on this one as well.

I can't seem to get the indicators to flash.

On step 5 when it says, turn off and on, does that literally mean:

Turn on till all of the status lights come on

Then turn OFF till the whole car is off including radio.

I tried this, even very quickly (seems like I am breaking the ignition switch) and it still doesn't work.

I'm stuck on this one as well.

I can't seem to get the indicators to flash.

On step 5 when it says, turn off and on, does that literally mean:

OFF is with the key in the position that you can pull it out in and on is 2 clicks clockwise, you have to do this step quickly.

Mrsquiggle, what do you mean by standard cut key. It has to be a working Black ( master ) key to put the car into programming mode. Remotes from Toyota or a Locksmith are normally around the $60 - $80 mark.