How to install a amp and sub

chris1991119

hi guys,

Just recently got a cheap amp and sub combo. So now I want to install it and save myself $150 to get a professional to do it.

First of all I completely new to installing an amp and sub so i went onto youtube and looked at a few clips telling me how to install the 2.

After watching a few clips, following the instructions they told me, I connected the amp power cable to the battery with the negative side unplugged.

Next step I have to pass the red amp power cable through this rubber circle behind the battery on the passenger side (photo provided showing where I think to put the amp power cable through). But I cant seem to get it pass it.

So I would like to know if I'm doing it wrong or is there some other way to do it.

post-20513-0-96462000-1349259688_thumb.j

Ah getting through the firewall. Generally this is the worst part of any install job. Something I've used is what we call a Cavity King (or yellow tongue) but basically you can use anything that is small yet stiff enough to push through the gromit and then fish out on the other side. Good Luck