Aurion Ride Height

robboszr6

I have compared ride heights between my dads presara and my zr6 and the presara sits lower at least 1/2 inch front and rear.

Looking at other Presara's and even ATX's they look to sit lower as well, i always thought cars with sport suspension sit lower than standard, my SS commodore sits lower than standard.

What was Toyota thinking giving the sportivo models a firmer ride as well lifting it up a little,doesn't make sense.

Other than that is a great car.

Also did you measure them on the some patch of ground, what's in the vehicles at the time and what’s the age of the cars. From Factory Sportivo's sit 5mm lower than the luxury models and of course have a low profile tyre too which of course won't make a difference but do give the impression of been jacked up.

I measured from top of the guard to centre of the wheel so wheel and tyre size doesn't matter, both cars are 07 models with the same size tyres parked on my driveway which is level.

Out of curiosity, on both cars, could you please take a measurement from the top of the rim (17 inch rims I assume) and the bottom of the wheel arch so I can make a comparison.

Also, could it be possible that due to the softer suspension on the Presara, the preload on the suspension causes it to sit lower?

DJKOR

Got some measurements on my car both cars have 17inch rims, top of the rim to guard front drivers side 55mm, passenger 58mm, and rear driver side 59mm passenger 61mm, from those measurements car sits up 2-3mm on the passenger side which is noticeable to the eye

I know the presara sits nearly 10mm lower at the back and the gap between the wheel arch looks even drivers side to passenger side rear looks sagged compared to mine, has a tow bar which mine doesn't maybe thats the difference what's a tow bar weigh 20kg, i dont now if the body kit gives it that impression.

Looking at other Aurions on the road and i reckon some look lowered compared to others, or my car was made on friday arvo after a ***** up at the pub.