Avalon 1MZFE electrical coil connectors/ Polyurethane Torque strut mount

rayt32

I was doing preventive maintenance on my Avalon two weeks ago by replacing the three ignition coils i purchased in the States thru ebay (Standard Motor products part # UF155) heavily discounted.

While in the process of changing the coils the middle ignition coil connector locking tab got broken and just have to reconnect it back.

I called up Toyota Motorama and inquire about the connectors and they said it is not avaliable.

Look up at ebay US and found a few vendors selling it but was hesitant at first because there is no mentioned of 1MZFE engine http://www.ebay.com....984.m1497.l2649 . Contact the vendor and told me it will fit.

The connectors arrived yesterday and had fit it today after work, and was surprised that the broken coil connector is almost about to fall off.

The replacement is a little bit tricky (you can search thru youtube to give you an idea) but eventually i was able to replaced them.

I also did replaced the torque strut mount using a Super Pro polyurethane bush( i had two replacement ever since using rubber). The first road test i could hear a creaking sound when accelerating (I used the supplied silicon grease). I removed the mount and use a Red Nulon Multipurpose Grease and apply it on the inside/outside of the steel bushing and the mounting faces of the bush. The creaking sound is gone and the time delay/ time lag during acceleration when you press the accelerator is gone.

I end the day very satisfied .