TRD bypass valve?

TRD69

I came across a thread on the net (please see below), can anyone tell me what it is they are trying to do?

cheers

"a yella terra style water 2 air intercooler would work, need to contact them, they would make something up (unless they already have on on the cars).

the bypass actuator is the black domey thing on the side of the blower. it looks the same as my eaton m90 actuator.

underside showing where the bypass throttle is

so if u take a look at these pictures, the boost actuator has a vacuum line from the top of it, and the bottom runs to the boost solenoid (which will electronically cut boost) and then back to the boost 'tree' which is vacuum from the manifold.

the picture shows the top of the actuator going before the blower for vacuum. try run this to the manifold instead.

then the bottom of the boost actuator, run the line straight to atmosphere (bit of pantyhose on it).

so that should make the bypass snap on and off much faster.

what i did, i then blocked off the charger inlet to top of boost actuator feed with a bolt and cable tie.

So assuming yours is set up the same: (that said it might have response issues due to fly by wire throttle)....

do this:

1. route top of actuator to manifold (or in my case, to top of the boost tree which is the black little tower with 2 vac lines coming off it, replacing the line that goes to the solenoid with one going straight to the actuator at the top) i have pointed to this in the picture below

2. bottom of actuator to atmosphere (not pictured)

3. block the blower intake feed (ie where you took the line off in step 1, block this nipple with a bit of hose, a bolt and cable ties)

4. if it has a boost solenoid, disconnect the hoses as i said, but leave it plugged in, otherwise you will probably get an error code.

blower.jpg

hope this helps (if i had some better pics of it or you were in melb over s.e side i would help u out)."

They are basically trying to get the bypass to close quicker meaning boost comes (by having the bypass shut quicker) on quicker and/or is not boost cut.

There is no gain to be made here on the TRD Aurion. We do not have any electronic boost solenoid that overrides the supercharger. Our vacuum bypass is purely there to bypass the supercharger at times where there is no increasing load on the engine such as idling or when cruising on the highway.

As for getting the bypass valve to close quicker, get someone to blip the throttle while you have you head in the engine bay watching the valve. You will see just how fast it can move.

The vacuum actuator anyway is different to the one specified in the guide you have posted. There is only one inlet to it and no outlet.

At the end of the day, you will be kidding yourself in any situation if you think you can easily get more power out of the TRD.