Corolla extended wheel studs

jaay

Hey guys,

When I test fitted my wheels, I noticed that my studs where kinda short. It made me worry a bit when the time comes to use them that the wheel nuts "might" come loose or something because there kinda short. Anyway, I need to know where I can get extended studs from and what studs fit my car. Eg I've seen that land cruiser studs would be suitable...?

I've seen some ARP wheel studs and there like double the size of the factory ones but I haven't seen any that will be suitable for my car.

Has anyone or someone that you know that has gone through this process?

Thanks

:)

Get part number from toyodiy

And google it

Or alternative google to find what size stud you have i.e. m12x1.5, m12x1.25 etc (m12 being the diameter of the stud and 1.25 is thread pitch/how co**** or thin the thread is)

Then find out how long stock studs are, google it

Then if you're using closed end wheel nuts measure how deep the nuts are

Then do some calculations to figure out how long you can go on studs without having to buy longer nuts or using open ended nuts or just buy them and have the studs sticking out

Thanks for that mate :)

I put my VIN Number in toyodiy, doesn't have anything about wheel studs.

I must say it is a very good site. So thanks for that.

I no that its 12x1.5 stud but next time Im in the garage, ill measure the length of the studs and nuts.

I'll use open end nuts if I end up finding the extended ones, just to be safe.

Thanks again mate

I'm 99% sure it'll have a part number for the stud

You might not be looking in the right section, it should be in hub section or with brakes or something (its better known as hub stud)

Also another thing i forgot about studs is the shoulder length and knurl diameter

Google for what they are, much better description than what i can come up with

Get oem part number, go to http://www.dormanproducts.com/ and type it in

It'll give you dimensions for replacement parts in oem size so you can get the oem sizes that toyodiy won't list

Then figure out how much longer you wanna go/need

Also just remember that measuring the amount of thread sticking out of the rotor/hub isn't the measurement manufacturers use

So if you have 10mm sticking out and you buy a stud 15mm long, you'll actually have less stud sticking out because the manufacturers include the shoulder length or in other words its from the base of the stud to the end

EDIT: theres a company called nice products or something in australia which sells heaps of different size and length stud and nuts

Google for their website, and repco is the local retailer so get part number and call repco

Edited by viper33

Taking the dash(-) out of the part number and searching for it on the dorman website i listed comes up with this

http://www.dormanproducts.com/advance/gsearch.aspx?type=oesearch&OE=1&q=9094202049

Seems right, only thing that confused me is listing a part number for lhs & rhs, but if you look at them then its the same part number

So yep thats the part number

Chris ill defs let you know when I get these extended studs! Thanks bud :)

Viper33- so the Knurl Diameter is14.20mm. I jumped onto nice products and they only have 14.30mm diameters. Should I be riskie and get some or should I fine the proper size? I no I should get the proper size but is that .10mm going to affect anything?

Edit* also does the shoulders matter at all. Because they are big compared to the factory ones...

Sorry noobie questions.

Shouldn't matter too much, mines the same and im running a knurl diameter of 14.3mm

Knurl diameter on old corollas stock is 14.22mm or something, so its less than a millimetre

As for shoulder length, as long as its not shorter than stock or the knurl on the shoulder doesn't sit too far out, it should be ok if its a little bit bigger

Doesn't have to be exactly what the stock one is

Yeah the ae111 share kinda the same stuff.

Thank you very much for making everything clear. Very helpfull :)

Are you running extended studs as well? If so what brand is it?

Thanks man

No worries at all

Yeah I'm running some nice ns312 studs

Can't remember size but was roughly 8mm longer than stock i think, which was good enough for me

Google their website and they've got a pretty good catalogue which lists sizes, lengths, shoulder length, knurl diameter etc etc

• 1 month later...

Hey Jaay, If you are still looking for these you should contact MRP. I got mine from him.

their an easy DIY job that takes 25+ mins per hub if you have the right tools and work fast ;)

Get a balljoint seperator and a 20mm washer/spacer and open lug nut + tools to take brakes and stuff off

Edited by 4ABHGE

Seriously? I didnt even know that.

How much longer are they compared to stock ones. I haven't had the chance to order yet because Christmas/other things pop up. I'm Hoping next year.

On the front mine are 50mm longer, which is what i wanted lol but there was a mix up from ARP and i got the wrong rear studs, so Barry took the studs off his Levin for me WHAT A CHAMP! Those are 30mm longer if memory serves me right?

Edited by 4ABHGE

oh so he gets it from ARP?

50mm sounds good. He seems like a good bloke.

I emailed them like a week or so but nothing yet.. maybe still on holidays but ill try twincam soon.