Shifter Cable Bushings in a Sportivo

Has anyone ever changed there shifter cable bushings. I've been told the rattle coming from the gear box area to the gear stick is caused by the bushing that support the shift cable wires. I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and have they fixed it.

I get a rattle when driving or stationary and I noticed if I slight push the gear stick in any direction it settles down a little. For example if I was in 6th Gear,, pulling the shifter slightly harder towards the rear of the car settles to rattle a little. Any thoughts?

That rattle is the gear stick itself not the bushings

Old bushes are rubber, modded bushing is bearings, roller bearings Infact, so meaning its taking up the slack, should be a worse rattle don't ya think?

It's the gear stick assembly itself bud, that's the rattle...

Are you sure, I've had multiple mechanics state the cable wires are rattling.. I just would like a simple fix, surely something is look or needs to be replaced to get rid of the rattle noise. Like I said before, if the noise is apparently, I just steady the shifter or pull/push it harder into the gear selection and it settles.

Just open it up and have a look to see what's loose. Leave it open and go for a drive, have a passenger locate the origin of the rattle. When it starts making sounds, have the passenger touch different things to see what it is. Only going by what you've said, but it doesn't sound like it's a hard/expensive fix

Edited by handsome