HEEELPPP!!! How do i remove the centre console from an 05 Camry

Sportivo_05

It's pretty simple as it is mostly clips. I dont have any video's but will write up a quick spill.

There are two trims you will need to remove. One is the Cupholder/Handbrake/Gear Trim and the other is the Ashtray and Storage compartment.

This is for Gen 5.5

Cupholder/Handbrake/Gear Trim

• Open the cupholder lid and pull upwards to unclip the cup holder base (hold the cupholder lid on the edges when pulling it up)
  • The Handbrake/Gear Trim is connected via clips, the easiest way to get this off is by placing a few figures under the handbrake and cupholder trim side, then pull upwards. (The centre glove box console lid needs to be open)

Ashtray and storage compartment

• Once you have the Cupholder/Handbrake/Gear Trim off, pull the Ashtray and storage compartment trim towards you, from the bottom and then side, allowing it to unclip.
  • Remove the cigerette lighter plugs from the back of the trim.

Removing Centre Glove box console

• Remove the two 10mm screws in the centre glove box and two screws where the cupholders use to be.

(You dont need to remove the "Ashtray and storage compartment" if you want to remove the glove box)

Hope this helps,

• 3 months later...
Dear all,

I am wondering if there's a way that i can make my 2005 Toyota Camry V6 look excellent.

If you have any idea, please let me know.

There's nothing configured on my car, except its factory default parts. So, i am planning to configure something else, like led light strips, chrome vinyl, chrome stick over some parts, however, unfortunately, unfortunately i don't know where to put them, where to configure and how. Please give me any idea of making my 2005 Camry Grande look better. Actually, this model is awesome, but i want to make it extraordinary. Looking forward for your tips.

Hello Ariz.

It's not a good idea to hang your post on the end of this one. If there are people thinking to do the same as you, they won't think to look at a thread about "removing the centre console".

You should really start a new post.