TOYOTA CAMRY TOURING 2000 - HELP!!!

huggabug75

I have a Toyota Camry 2000 model.

Over the past 3 years, I would of spent about $3000 on it for services, transmission services, O2 sensors......

I must admit, I have had my car for 11 years, and haven't had to spend much money on her until now.

The problem.... I feel that when my car gets hot, she starts to jump around and I feel like she is just going to conck out. The revs needle jumps about, like an erratic idle. The temp needle will go about half way, then it will drop to cold, then it will maybe go back to half way.

It gets pretty scary driving along the highway. Also my car doesn't feel like a V6, it feels like there is NO power behind it.

Like I said, I have had services, transmission services, I even spent a fortune on the O2 sensors (thinking this would fix the problem).

If someone could help, or even tell me what I should be looking for to tell my mechanic, I would be so greatful!!!

I have taken her to my mechanic, and I have tried to explain the problem. But they can't seem to find what is wrong.

Also when my car is doing this, it smells like there could be something burning? I have checked oil and coolant levels... IDK :o(

• 1 month later...

Could be an intake manifold gasket gone bad. Is there any oil in the coolant? Have your mechanic check compression on all cylinders. Could also be plug wires. I had a similar problem on my vp commodore. That was caused by a loose ground wire at the motor mount. This is another possibility, a bad ground which will cause the computer to malfunction. Did your mechanic actually drive the car on the highway?