Lost master key

Reda

Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I just wanted to ask if anyone ca help. I lost my master key on the train from work last week and have no key to start my car. I have another metal key which turns the ignition but does not unlock doors or boot so I don't want to cut on that and have paid for a new (uncut) key from Toyota.

Does anyone know how to open the drivers side door key barrel and also how to reset the ECU and reprogram the keys.

I was told this is what needs to be done by the locksmiths and was quoted $300 for this to be done. I was thinking if I can get the four digit number from the door barrel I can get a locksmith to cut the key for me and I can try and reset the ECU and program the key.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Wow that sucks man :/

Maybe try contacting a toyota dealer with your vin and ask for the code ?

Cos i think, without the master key and code, you amy not be able to make another duplicate.

I have a slave key that starts my car /the car did not come with master key as it is second hand purchase/. Not knowing this I asked a Toyota dealer to duplicate the key in case if I loose it. They cut the key but could not program for some reason. /maybe because it is slave/. Then I asked a locksmith if he can duplicate my slave key and program it and he said he can do it with an aftermarket key not with toyota original key. So if you left with slave key that starts car like mine then you should ask a locksmith to cut a copy and program it.

Edited by bathuu

call an auto Locksmith. They can make a key from your door lock. The code will also be stamped on your door lock and Toyota have this on record which you can get from your VIN.

The immobilizer as you know needs to be reset as you know, this isn't as straight forward as using a PIN or pressing a button, it is also something that Toyota can't do. $300 is a good price for that.

Thanks guys! Someone at my local Toyota said they can't get the code using the VIN number. Maybe it has something to do with being quoted $740 plus the immobiser unit... I'll call another one in the morning and ask if they can help.

It sucks cos Sydney Trains look in lost and found for the keys after 7 business days. That's almost 2 weeks for me!

Has you ignition been changed, is that why the key is different to your doors? if it hasn't it can be that your key is too worn.

If it is the one key for it all from a Hi res photo of your key I can tell you what your key code it, but never post a photo of your keys on a forum.

The key is the same. I think the original master was too warn for the door cos it uses the remote central locking. There was one perfect metal copy which I had that opened everything but I kept that with the master (now locked) in case of a flat battery since the master didn't unlock the door.

The second metal key that I have won't turn the door or boot but does turn the ignition (so its not a perfectly cut key).

Thanks will not post pic on the forum =)

The cheapest way for you to do the job.

remove the ECU, take it to a Auto locksmith with the door key and get them to cut a new key to code and reset the immobilizer, and get a spare!

remote keys are expensive, around $360 plus cutting and coding.