New boots at last for Buddhamobile

Buddha

Finally got rid of the crappy Dunnies that came with the Buddhamobile, picked up a set of Yokohama A539's in 205/55R15. It took a little effort to get a hold of them, but persistence pays, it would seem!

I'd especially like to thank Christian at Yokohama for putting up with my niggling and Peter at Bob Jane Chermside for a deal I was happy with.

I'll put some pics in my garage.

I haven't pushed them just yet, but they've given a bit of weight to the steering and I can't fault the ride.

All in all, a happy Buddha! :D

Edited by Buddha

I only held onto the Dunlops for 23K, just long enough to save the $$$ to trade them in on the newies.

In terms of grip, they're excellent. One of my favourite spots is the Redcliffe turn-off on the northbound lanes of the Bruce Hwy, a 270 degree turn from the 100kmh hwy to a 70kmh overpass ... Azza and possibly Silva will know it quite well.

In comparison, the best I got out of the Dunlops was maybe 55kmh but often a drop back to 50 or less to make sure I didn't drift across a lane at the top! They were usually having a squeal along the way, too. Today with the A539's at the same spot, I was doing just over 70 at the top and the tyres just went where I pointed them, almost no understeer whatsoever.

And while its only subtle (probably only visible to me), the slightly wider tyres look better, too.

Only thing is, they highlight the wagon's inherent body roll! And so it goes on ... :P

Edited by Buddha

Nice wheels Buddha. I hope they bring you hours of pleasure :P

Azza and possibly Silva will know it quite well.

And just for laughs my fellow big-bellied friend, when using the Standard Bridgstone's with the Kings & Strut Brace, 85kph easy....all the way baby....

Maybe when I get me some new rubber, we might be looking at 100... :P

Nice wheels Buddha.  I hope they bring you hours of pleasure :P

And just for laughs my fellow big-bellied friend, when using the Standard Bridgstone's with the Kings & Strut Brace, 85kph easy....all the way baby....

100km/hr Azza... all the way baby... :D

Nice wheels Buddha.  I hope they bring you hours of pleasure :P

100km/hr Azza... all the way baby... :D

I would love to see a set of the Dunnies on your Sportivo's ... they'd be stuffed before you got to the top! :lol: Lucky they only put them on the 100kW cars ...

Update ... just back from a weekend run to friends in Childers (about 300km north of Brissie for you non-QLD'ers), including a decent storm on the highway around Gympie coming home ... these new tyres certainly do a top job in the wet, very safe and predictable, plus they were smooth riding and quiet in the dry.

Edited by Buddha