Some help pls 2005 Corolla!

CORZZA

Guys i need some advise.

Got the levin coming soon.

A. want to put an exhaust system on it from the cat back because of warranty. What do you guys think is the best system?

B. i want to put the TRD cone filter system on from toyota. does it make a difference to sound,performance? is it worth it?

C. What suspension system do you guys suggest is best for the 2005 corolla? someone told me to get the sportivo springs but that doesnt drop it too much. i want to drop it by 40mm.

Thanks guys any help would be good. :)

Before anone flames you big time for asking all these questions that have already been covered, let me be the one to tell you.

Do a Search on the forum and you'll probably find what you are looking for. Then pick up on those treads and ask any more questions if you feel like they are insufficient.

So there, I've said it so please, no one else ask him to use the search button. :)

Answers

A. Not sure.. although im sure someone will be along any second to pimp the CES system..

B. Also look at the Injen and AEM Cold air intakes.. Makes a huge difference to the sound of the sportivos . (not sure about the levin)

TRD = $$$$$

Injen = not as much :P

Both will make your warranty a little iffy though

C. For a 40mm Drop you probably want to check out King Springs lows..

i think they are around $350 fitted

hey man wich area are you from if you are in sydney area or near penno i can recommend you to a good zorst place where i got mine from

but to my understanding good size for the 1zzfe is 2 1/4 inch cat back mandrel bent with a good high flow muffler for performance and the extra noise.

(i have a stivo so i might be wrong about the info but im pretty certain)

as for the CAI there is also another good place where there is only myself and 2 other people who have a certain CAI system on there stivos and trust me VERY EFFECTIVE MATE so once again depends if your from this area otherwise i not certain about the over seas brands

as for lowering im yet to get there myself im going the sleeper effect till i got the speed then im going looks when im finished the motor so im not the best person for lowering info

but also do you want a full sports setup or do you just wanna go lower with a half decent ride

cus you can go springs or adjustable coil overs or many other ways

like i said not the bst man for technical info haha cus im only fairly new to the forums myself but i just have done alot of research to find out as much as i can

cheers mate

Edited by evl_50a

Answers

A. Not sure.. although im sure someone will be along any second to pimp the CES system..

B. Also look at the Injen and AEM Cold air intakes.. Makes a huge difference to the sound of the sportivos . (not sure about the levin)

TRD = $$$$$

Injen = not as much :P

Both will make your warranty a little iffy though

C. For a 40mm Drop you probably want to check out King Springs lows..

i think they are around $350 fitted

thanks! Is there a king springs lows in Sydney? in in castlehill.

Where would i be able to get the AEM and Injen cold air intakes from in sydney? spoke to the guy at toyota he said all TRD parts dont give warranty problems.

hey man wich area are you from if you are in sydney area or near penno i can recommend you to a good zorst place where i got mine from

but to my understanding good size for the 1zzfe is 2 1/4 inch cat back mandrel bent with a good high flow muffler for performance and the extra noise.

as for the CAI there is also another good place where there is only myself and 2 other people who have a certain CAI system on there stivos and trust me VERY EFFECTIVE MATE so once again depends if your from this area otherwise i not certain about the over seas brands

as for lowering im yet to get there myself im going the sleeper effect till i got the speed then im going looks when im finished the motor so im not the best person for lowering info

but also do you want a full sports setup or do you just wanna go lower with a half decent ride

like i said not the bst man for technical info haha cus im only fairly new to the forums myself but i just have done alot of research to find out as much as i can

cheers mate

Thanks man for the info! Im in Castlehill if im not wrong not too far from penrith?

so if these shops are near castlehill im able to get it done! As for lowering the car i think just to drop it abit to fill up the arches. getting 17" enkei's soon and worried if i dont drop it the car will look like a 4X4!

Thanks again!

cheers mate

Thanks man for the info! Im in Castlehill if im not wrong not too far from penrith?

so if these shops are near castlehill im able to get it done! As for lowering the car i think just to drop it abit to fill up the arches. getting 17" enkei's soon and worried if i dont drop it the car will look like a 4X4!

Thanks again!

Most tyre/suspension places will do ur suspension man ...

im going either king low or whiteline control (yet to find out how much they lower me by)

Kings are easy to find .. and in castle hill i know ive driven past a few places that do it ..

jsut yellow pages or if u can hike it go to liek Tempe Tyres or where ever ur getting ur tyres done

also payless in chatswood is quite good

or MRT in Rhodes does whiteline

well hey man you gotta come on our wollongong cruise as for the 2 shops im talking about we actually pass near 1 on our cruise so i can show you

also i can meet up with you 1 day and take yo there

i have no problem with that

the exhaust place itself is in penrith

the CAI place is in villawood not exactly but right near it

cheers man

check out the cruises section and come on the cruise

that goes for the rest of you too hehe

spoke to the guy at toyota he said all TRD parts dont give warranty problems.

He is lying.. i would be willing ot bet if your engine had troubles they wouldnt fix it due to the CAI

ask him to put it in writing and sign it.. i bet you he wont

well hey man you gotta come on our wollongong cruise as for the 2 shops im talking about we actually pass near 1 on our cruise so i can show you

also i can meet up with you 1 day and take yo there

i have no problem with that

the exhaust place itself is in penrith

the CAI place is in villawood not exactly but right near it

cheers man

check out the cruises section and come on the cruise

that goes for the rest of you too hehe

Will definately make a plan! I need the car in my hands 1st. the next week or 2. Thanks i really appreciate your help bro!!

spoke to the guy at toyota he said all TRD parts dont give warranty problems.

He is lying.. i would be willing ot bet if your engine had troubles they wouldnt fix it due to the CAI

ask him to put it in writing and sign it.. i bet you he wont

I will do that!

and if the motor gives crap and they blame it on the CAI i will simlply put the original CAI back on and they will have to sort out the problem!!!

no worries buddy well the cruise isnt for i think 3 or 4 weeks yet so plenty of time to get ready just get in contact with me and we can sort soemthign ok

obviously you will get to see my intake and my exhaust too

to make sure that you like it before you go to the stores i recommend

cheers mate

what are you talking about NEVER had 1 bad thing to say on this forum ONCE :rolleyes:

hehehe

just pretend i never made the above comment about the biffs :ph34r:

haha anyways back on topic this guy istrying to findout some info or have we pretty much fixed you with what you want

cheers

• 4 weeks later...

hey peeps!!

just wondering if u guys would know were i can get a AEM CAI from .. im located in melbourne... cost of goods and shipping if from interstated would be greatly appreiciated!!!

thanks guys for your helps!!

regards

JiN...

hey man i dont rally care

BUT

there are some tha are really gonna blast you for asking that question

id suggest that you try searching for it

or even look in the for sale section

you never know your luck

cheers

by the way my understanding is alot of people are using ebay for over seas CAI's

cheers

Hey man I have a 1ZZ. So my answers are

a. Sportivo Cat back if u can find it from some1 off forum makes nice difference.

b. Trd Cold Air Intake, its bit exy but Its worth it.

c. If u just want about 40mm drop then go with Kings, if u want to spend more money on your suspension you can get set of Konis to it too. But if if ur spending that much money on the suspesnions I would rather go with coilovers that pippy is selling they are awsome.

Ok thats it from me with answers a and be i got 86.6kw at the wheels on my last dyno. Stock was 78kw.

Hope that helps u a bit.

Big Russ

Hey man I have a 1ZZ. So my answers are

a. Sportivo Cat back if u can find it from some1 off forum makes nice difference.

b. Trd Cold Air Intake, its bit exy but Its worth it.

c. If u just want about 40mm drop then go with Kings, if u want to spend more money on your suspension you can get set of Konis to it too. But if if ur spending that much money on the suspesnions I would rather go with coilovers that pippy is selling they are awsome.

Ok thats it from me with answers a and be i got 86.6kw at the wheels on my last dyno. Stock was 78kw.

Hope that helps u a bit.

Big Russ

how much were the coilovers u got from pippy