Which sportivo to buy

sash

Hey guys,

Am new to the forum and am looking to buy a sportivo but I have read up on a few issues and what not that seem to be pretty common with all of the sportivos. The clutch issues and what not.

So am about to buy one and I wanted to know if there are any specific things that I should look out for when buying a sportivo and are there any specific years of the car that I should avoid. Eg stay away from 02-04 preface lift models.

Cheers

Eg stay away from 02-04 preface lift models.

Didnt you just answer your own question?

If the clutch issue is your concern then by all means avoid the pre facelift models but thats not saying it cant be fixed. And if your concerned about issues the sportivo are about at least 7 years old so issues are bound to arise. Some prefacelift will be better than the facelift model depending on how much they were cared for. No doubt youre gonna run into issues one way or another.

I saw some one saying that 02-04 were prone to clutch problems, and it can be fixed by a clutch re-alignment. I just wanted to confirm it. Yeah other unexpected issues that just pop up are fine and expected. Yeah i think am going to go for a face lift, so any other pointers ?.

BTW does this engine burn oil since its a high reving car like the vtech's ?

Mine's facelift and still has the clutch problem. Jams up when I'm 8000rpm in 1st, trying to shift into 2nd gear. It doesn't go in until revs drop just below 6000rpm. Maybe when test driving the Sportivos, ask the owner to Lift from 1-2 and see how it is.

no, shift properly and u'll be doing ur gearbox a BIG favour. stock clutch is rubbish, change it asap.

what do you mean by shift properly? I don't try slam it in or anything, it just won't go in. If you shift at around 7000rpm it goes in fine.

yeah still on stock clutch too lol

edit: by jams up, i don't mean crunch, just that when i push the gear knob down it doesn't get into 2nd gear.

I think the clutch pedal adjustment will fix this right?

Edited by rich70

no, shift properly and u'll be doing ur gearbox a BIG favour. stock clutch is rubbish, change it asap.

what do you mean by shift properly? I don't try slam it in or anything, it just won't go in. If you shift at around 7000rpm it goes in fine.

edit: by jams up, i don't mean crunch, just that when i push the gear knob down it doesn't get into 2nd gear.

dont flat shift, use clutch properly and yes get the clutch adjustment. but get a new one its better. stock one will destroy the box.

dont flat shift, use clutch properly and yes get the clutch adjustment. but get a new one its better. stock one will destroy the box.

i just looked up what flat shifting is and I've never done that before. I'll keep you updated after i do the clutch adjustment lol