New owner, problems already...all typical kluger issues. Any TSBs?

Whitekxr

Hi All,

New to the forum and new to Toyota ownership. Now I'd like to be joining this forum to fervently express my love of my new ( used 58k ) 2011 awd kxr, but unfortunately while I do "like" the new car, any excitement now given way to anxiety as I experience and then read up about typical kluger flaws....

What I'm hoping members might be able to help me out with is any advice and technical service bulletins that Toyota Australia has issued for the following issues I'm experiencing. I say Toyota Australia because while I've found tecnical service bulletins for the North American highlander (same car yes?), I'd like to cut thru any penny pinching dribble I might encounter when having these issues sorted out under warranty. I totally anticipate said dribble, as like most car manufactors in Australia, the consumer is generally considered stupid, there to be ripped off and pay double for the privilege. I'm guessing Toyota won't be any different in this regard.....

Diff Whine: yes I've seen the previous thread about this and like clockwork I get a high pitched, not overly loud or intrusive, but entirely irritating whine between 60-110kms, when accelerator pedal applied. Gone when you lift off.....

Battery issue: battery dying, been tested by battery mob, I would have been an easy sale, but on account of battery age etc and honesty of the bob jane tech, put it down to electrical issue. Low and behold there's an overseas TSB for inadequate charging from alternator...

Buzzing: Not sure how common this issue is, maybe an little thing extra just for me.... On cold starts, electrical sounding buzzing noise from dash, goes after few minutes.

Realise I probably sound bit negative, but I suppose you buy Toyota amongst other things, for its reliability....or at least maybe only these days the perception of. I realise its under warranty, but nonetheless, a royal pain in the *****, likely to result I'm guessing in being without the thing for weeks, etc etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....