Strange noise

LTS60

Hey there, had my coilovers fitted and everything was alrite. Took it to Bob Jane T so they can do w/a for me. After I came to pick up my car, I showed up on closing time coz i was at work. Anyway when i start the car and start to drive, whenever I used the breaks there was some wierd klonky noise coming from the LHF wheel, sounded like the breaks were loose or something. It was breaking fine and no strange feelings under my foot either so just the noise. Got home jacked the car up checked under the guard everything was looking good. I just shook the disk a bit put the wheel back on went for another drive and no more noise. So strange i m just wondering what could of make that noise :(. was scary. And yeah my wheel alligment is crap too its pulling to the left so bad.

Big Russ

Could've been a caliper slide not sliding properly, rock stuck in between the caliper and disc, backing plate rubbing against the disc, stick rubbing or anything like that...

As long as the brakes work, and there is nothing loose you will be fine...

I wouldn't worry about taking it back unless the noise re-occurs...

OK took my car back to BOB Jane T SHlT mart and they didnt even want to see my car again LOL. Coz they are coilovers and they need to be balanced to get w/a on the setting. Anyway went off at them, went to see what will Pedders say. They took my car to check if they can touch the camber coz its -3 according to BOB lol and they cant even put my car on w/a machine coz my car is too low and lasers are hitting the bumber lol. Then i went fulcrum suspension booked it next friday morning when i have a day off they said it wont be a problem. They will try fix my camber to lowest point they can and if they cant they will put some pin. When i told them about previous services they loughed. Guy goes your car is low but not to low stupid Pedders and their 100 year old machine.

Noise came back again during drive to fulcrum, but i slammed the breaks a bit and it stopped. I m still wondering what could that be. I was thinking coz camber is so off maybe disc and breaks are not connecting properly or something from time to time.

Big Russ

Hey,

Your car looked damn good the other day.... i thought your camber was crazy... got some V8 supercar camber... hehehehehe.

Possibly the noise is one of the wheel balance weights coming loose.... Don't know.

Give them hell anyway... :)

Peter.

Could've been a caliper slide not sliding properly, rock stuck in between the caliper and disc, backing plate rubbing against the disc, stick rubbing or anything like that...

As long as the brakes work, and there is nothing loose you will be fine...

I wouldn't worry about taking it back unless the noise re-occurs...

yeah i would as so! but if they are meant to alligned the car then go back! make sure thay do it!

Rolla boy iv seen you around! u were at the castle hill yr 10 formal. driving some ppl.

Do you stay in that area?