Cruising range after refill

Kenny86

Hi,

I've just recently bought a 2011 Kluger Grande AWD and am still coming to grips with the l/100kms and cruising range after refill.

I let the fuel run down to about 40 kms left (the fuel gauge was also showing less than an eighth left as well) so thought it prudent to fill up.

To my surprise it only took 49 litres to fill, ie. 23 litres left in the tank!

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, is there a known issue that hopefully can be sorted...

Cheers, Kenny86

That does seem fairly pessimistic, my Kluger, normally takes about 55 litres when it is showing 100km left. Which is still pessimistic, but manageable. I assume the distance to empty would also calculate based on your average usage, mine tends to be around 11.3/100km. So if your usage is higher (in the city might be 14) this would affect the distance to empty (make the km less). The Toyota dealer may know whether the fuel tank sensor can be adjusted? Ian

Distance-to-empty computers ALWAYS read pessimistic....can you imagine if it was the other way around, and you got stranded with an empty tank and 50km left on the gauge?

Toyota fuel-gauges in general have always been pessimistic too, you'll often still have ~10L left in the tank when your low fuel light comes on and the gauge needle is pegged out below E.

In saying that though, one of the few Toyotas I've owned which has a scarily accurate fuel gauge is the Soarer, it has a digital bar gauge on the cluster and an additional XX Litres display on the LCD, and a two-stage low-fuel warning - orange bowser symbol for <9L left, and a warning message in Kanji for <5, and it has never been more than a couple of litres out when I've gone to refill the 78L tank. No trip computer/distance-to-empty readout though

• Like 1