Kluger 2WD starts from rest ...when accelerate engine is struggling

jzli01

Hey guys,

Do not know if this is right, my 2014 2WD kluger when it starts running from 0km, especially when it is climbing the hill, the accelerate feels not smooth, when the rpm is round about 2000 the engine makes loud sound and the steering wheel vibrates a little bit, any body could tell me is this a normal thing for 2WD? thanks.

Is there a light flashing on the dash when this happens?

no nothing is flashing, and once the car is up running it feels normal, it just feels like not enough power at the beginning...

Have you consulted a dealer as the car should still be under warranty?

yes I did, he said it is normal for a 2WD big SUV, cos it is too heavy and only 2WD, actually after 5000+ km it is a little bit better then, but still not smooth like my MAZDA 3

• 4 weeks later...

Service managers are not usually mechanics they will fob you off with any story if they can.
Toyota makes great cars but their Australian dealerships are at the other end of the scale when it comes to addressing vehicle faults.

The only way you will get any satisfaction is to take it to a mechanic and get him to test it and give you his opinion in writing.
Take that to your service manager and see what happens then. If the mechanic agrees with what you are experiencing and the dealer still fobs you off you will need to contact your state consumer protection authority.

Are you sure what you are experiencing is not wheel spin? I have a 2012 2WD and starting off anywhere it is Rolls Royce smooth and never vibrates, ever.