Rubber frame on front windows on Camry....

SLong

Hi, have any of you noticed that the rubber seals(??) on the front windows on the Camry goes out of shape?

I had mine replaced after 12 months of owning the car... and it's been 18 months now and the 2nd set is starting to go out of shape again.

Just annoying coz it develops really loud wind noise. Anyone else notice this? And do you know if the face-lifted Camry have this problem too or have they sorted it out?

Same here... dont like the wind-noise.

The first time they replaced it, it was under warranty as the car was only a year old. My warranty finishes in 2 months' time so getting them to replace it before that goes out. From what I know, once the warranty expires it won't be covered BUT the new rubber frame will have a warranty of 12 months from the date they replace it. (you have to check this with your local service department).

Not sure how much those things cost??

have the same probs here.. first on right, than toyota replace it while still under warranty, and now the left one start to do the same thing... <_<

I had the rear left hand side replaced. I hope that not more go as I park in the sun. It was only 12 months old when replaced. :angry:

Could it be that you leave a gap in the windows when you park. My old 1990 camry had issues if I left a gap in the windows :unsure:

I had the rear left hand side replaced. I hope that not more go as I park in the sun. It was only 12 months old when replaced. :angry:

Could it be that you leave a gap in the windows when you park. My old 1990 camry had issues if I left a gap in the windows :unsure:

Nope... I don't leave any gap in the window when I'm parked (and the car's mostly parked inside a closed garage - ie. not out in the sun).

Car's with Toyota service right now.. hoping that the new set they're putting in won't move as my warranty goes out in 2 months time... Oh well, only time will tell.

Where did you get the info that Toyota have added extra areas on the seals? The guy from the service told me that Toyota changed the way it is installed 3 months ago(??). Not sure what it meant but I guess if this is true and if you had yours replaced more than 3 months ago, chances are the rubber will go out again... So get it replaced to the "new" one before your warranty runs out!!

• 1 month later...

I had the EXACT same problem. I noticed that the seals were practically comming out of both front windows, so took it back to Toyota and they told me that it was a "Normal thing".

I was like "So all your car seals stuff up after 12 months! Thats nice"..

Needless to say they replaced both with no issues, but I think I'll need to get them replaced again, because they are starting to get out of shape again.

I guess because they are the more frequently used ones.. but no excuse hey!!...

Other than that, I had to also get the center console changed, because it kept on comming out of it's hinge... still does it every now and then but it's ok.

Other than the above, I installed my own Deck, amp, 6 X 9 in the back, and 12" sub which fits perfect in the boot... wanted to change the front 6 X 9, but never got around to it!... sounds pretty decent though!!