Sportivo Alarm Upgrade

Jonn0

Hi All

I've been reading around the forum trying to find some info about what alarms are best but there is not that much details as such.

I would like to try and find an alarm that can utilizes the factory key remote to arm and disarm.

I would also like to have an option to automatically put up the windows if possible (although not that important but would be nice)

Battery backup serine would be good if possible.

Please could you also let me know what else I should be looking for, I’m not tooo sure! Eg. Sensors/motion detectors, glass shatter detection, bump detection??? I really do not have much idea on what would be best.

Any advice would be appreciated what to look for and what systems you would recommend.

I live in South Brisbane so recommended places also be good :-)

Cheers

:D FB :D

Hi All

I've been reading around the forum trying to find some info about what alarms are best but there is not that much details as such.

I would like to try and find an alarm that can utilizes the factory key remote to arm and disarm.

I would also like to have an option to automatically put up the windows if possible (although not that important but would be nice)

Battery backup serine would be good if possible.

Please could you also let me know what else I should be looking for, I’m not tooo sure! Eg. Sensors/motion detectors, glass shatter detection, bump detection??? I really do not have much idea on what would be best.

Any advice would be appreciated what to look for and what systems you would recommend.

I live in South Brisbane so recommended places also be good :-)

Cheers

:D FB :D

Hey mate

There are plenty of alarms that utilise the stock key: mongoose, flashpoint, rhino, brant... the thing is that you will pay a little extra to do so.

The most basic car alrams these days will come with basic immobiliser, shock sensor, door, bonnet, boot sensor.

Id prob search online for "alarm upgrades" i think thats the term they use to utilise the stock key and add an alarm.. try the below link:

Mongoose

In terms of auto window up; you can get that separately any time.. for a few hundred on top.. so not sure if its worth it- a cool feature but depends if u wana spend the dough. same as an internal sensor or motion sensors.. cool but sometimes not practical (eg a cat walks under ur car or a bird lands on ur roof..)

Im in syd so cant help u wit places. but expect to pay approx $400-$500 for something that integrates wit the key, shock sensors, backup siren, black wiring, central locking etc..

HTH

Hay Daz thanks for the reply :-)

I'll have a look around, upgrade is the way I will be going though :-)

Could not belive how much extra it costs of the windows to go up, I had a figure like $50 or somthing extra for that... LOL, though the alarm could have done it... ow well the things you learn :P I guess they have to make money some how :lol:

Cheeers

FB