Help - AE72

Hi,

I don't actually have a Corolla, I have a 87 Mustang and have been told the headlights I need for driving in Australia are from a AE72 Corolla.

I can't seem to find any info on an AE72 but see TE71 and AE71.   I have no knowledge whatsoever in Corollas but have searched on google for a long time trying to find out about the AE72 Corollas and no luck.

If anyone could tell me what an AE72 is and where I should try to find these particular headlights that would be appreciated.

There is no such thing as an AE72 in Australia, nor is there a TE71.  It'll either be a KE70, AE71 or TE72, however what I think you're most likely to be after is just a normal 7" sealed-beam headlight, which is common across a whole heap of cars.

Taking a photo of what you currently should help a lot, mind you there aren't many classic Toyota owners on here (the user-base tends to be focused more towards the 00s onwards).

• 1 month later...

Hi - I finally got some more info and I am told that the headlight I need is from an AE82.

Does anyone know if these are the same as AE80 and if all AE82 are the same from 85-89 ?

I did get one from an AE80 (85-86 is what they said) it was the exact same shape but about 3 inches too long. I don't want to order one from an ae82 if they aren't right either.

Any help is greatly appreciated !

Image 12-4-18 at 6.54 pm.jpeg

Image 12-4-18 at 6.45 pm.jpeg

20180412_183622.jpg

Edited by 87 Mustang GT
added pics

There were 3 AE8x shapes sold here (sedan, hatch, liftback) and all used the same headlights as each other.  Series 1 lights are ever so slightly shorter than Series 2/3 (you can tell the difference by the side markers, S2/S3 are much longer) but they are essentially all the same.  I think AE82 FXGT lights might be shorter, but they are all imports and very rare (you'd have better luck looking in Japan or NZ).

Whereabouts did you get the information about AE82 lights fitting from?

Thanks Hiro.  The guys that did converted Mustangs back in the late 80's early 90's told me it was off a AE82 but no more details than that.

I ordered a AE82 now so hopefully it will work.