the stivo warms up... dyno today

Ahhhh wouldn't it be great if there was a tuning shop which had 2 of the exact same dyno's which could be used simultaneously. Hmmm me thinks this shop would get a bit of business to settle some old myths and disputes.

This is giving me ideas :P

even if this was the case, the 2 dynos would still have slightly different calibrations. Every instrument is different in some way, that's why you cannot compare one reading with another with 100% accuracy.

well IMO dynos are a tuning tool and nothing more...as stated there can be chronic variation between dynos, conditions, etc and as such numbers cannot be compared. If you want to use dynos to test for gains with n/a 4 cyls i also think that is pretty stupid, either the mod gives noticable gains or it doesnt, someone shouldnt need a number to tell them how much extra hp mod XXX gives them.

also, gear ratios do play a very big role on dynos, lower gear = more hp and a higher "torque" reading. For most accurate results 1zz should be dyno'd in 4th and stivo in 5th. If you are just going for impressive numbers to wack off over, then by all means 3rd gear is the go...

i could add more, but i am sure people have plenty to dissagree with there.

Sportivo should be dynoed in 4th as it is as close as to 1:1. I've had dyno runs done at five different locations and all were done in 4th. One even tested the "myth" of using 3rd and 5th over 4th and peak power was still the same just your dyno speed is a lot higher.