Rant...

RedLiner

had my Corolla booked in for more warranty abuse this weekend.

They ring me up today saying that they have no diagnostic mechanics employed on the weekend and i would have to take it in during the week.

I tell them that i need my car....they go u will need to get a hire car.

$44 a day...

then i asked about the clutch adjustment...they said that raises the height of the pedal...

im sure we are both talking about the same thing....but we are using the different terminology..

i think ill just book in mmy clutch adjustment at Western Toyota.

but farkin ******.....squeeks galore and they want me to pay for hire car..

so the squeeks were coming from you clutch???

was only when you push the clutch in... or just squeeks or the time...

i think im having the same problem with mine...

i just turn the music up cos i hate hearing it and toyota couldnt fit me in for service till april 8th!

Let me add that to get a hire car i would have to book 2 weeks in advance...

Terry Shields Toyota ..Parramatta

Squeeks in the clutch when i push the clutch in....

after a while it goes away...

squeeks that dont go away are coming from the wheels or suspension at low speeds..talking 20km/h or so..

The squeek in the clutch pedal is actually the clutch fork/throwout bearing arm. It's a dry pivot point where the spring attaches/arms pivots. I fixed mine with a little bit of WD40 and Northy holding a torch in the right position. Couldn't be bothered getting Toyota to fix as I didn't have the time or patience to wait for hours for a simple 10 min fix.

Let me add that to get a hire car i would have to book 2 weeks in advance...

Terry Shields Toyota ..Parramatta

Squeeks in the clutch when i push the clutch in....

after a while it goes away...

squeeks that dont go away are coming from the wheels or suspension at low speeds..talking 20km/h or so..

I dont recommend going to Terry Shields @ Parramatta.

My mate had his Corolla serviced there for his 40,000.

The idiots put the rav4 spark plugs as opposed to the normal ones.... made the car shake like hell on cold starts (though a loose coil was also to blame for that, the spark plugs made it a crap load more obvious).

It took Peter Warren Toyota @ Liverpool to fix all that crap.

Edited by neK

The squeek in the clutch pedal is actually the clutch fork/throwout bearing arm. It's a dry pivot point where the spring attaches/arms pivots. I fixed mine with a little bit of WD40 and Northy holding a torch in the right position. Couldn't be bothered getting Toyota to fix as I didn't have the time or patience to wait for hours for a simple 10 min fix.

Is it true that the 10min fix consisted of 5 secs of WD-40 and 9 min 55 sec of Northy getting the torch right? :lol:

Is it true that the 10min fix consisted of 5 secs of WD-40 and 9 min 55 sec of Northy getting the torch right? :lol:

it's been a while but something like that :lol::lol::lol: