Alarm System....What's cheaper??

leasaunce

Hi,

I want to get a Black Widow Car Alarm soon, but What's cheaper, me getting the Black Widow Alarm from eBay then get my local autoelectrician to install them for me... OR Buy them straight from Black Widow for $400 inc Installation :huh:

personal opinion i will go straight to the dealer!! :)

but thats me!!

id go dealer. my last alarm was installed at a car audio place and the next day i was snooping around to find lose wires all over the place. very untidy job.

My friend has alarm wires hang out onto the floor under his glovebox, definately pay extra for an alarm. you want it to work and to be hidden well.

you tried these guys yet?

www.brant.com.au

Located in five dock, Subaru use them for their STI's (and the STI's are apparenty damn hard to steal, and its even equiped with a anti-hijack device)

There's a range of alarm systems ranging from 3 point imbolisers to anti hijacking devices.

"No, all our systems are installed by BRANT trained technicians, thereby the wiring of the system stays “in house” and is not out there in the public domain. Thus ensuring added security for the system. "

That i think is the most important point, last thing you want is to get a top notch security system only to find it disabled cos the information on how to get around it is all over the internet!

http://www.brant.com.au/Content_Common/pg-...ity-Systems.seo

AA05 All black wiring

2 remote transmitters

3 point immobiliser

2 stage shock sensor

Battery back siren

Doors, boot and bonnet

$498.00 Fully installed (well i assume it is cos no one else can install it but them)

Edited by neK

that looks pretty interesting. how big are they though? single shop? that could be worse. say theres only 10 employees that know the system, that means theres 10 people that know exactly how to steal your car, all of which would have seen your plates and possibly have access to your address (say you fill out a warranty card?) all they have to do is follow you home..

thats worse case though. best case is i might check them out! :D

that looks pretty interesting. how big are they though? single shop? that could be worse. say theres only 10 employees that know the system, that means theres 10 people that know exactly how to steal your car, all of which would have seen your plates and possibly have access to your address (say you fill out a warranty card?) all they have to do is follow you home..

thats worse case though. best case is i might check them out! :D

I think their repuation is worth more than a car. LOL

Ive heard they are the preferred choice for Porsche/BMW/Merc/etc

All it takes is one car to get stolen for their rep to hit the ground..... somehow i dont think a $20,000~$30,000 car is worth it to them.... at least aim for a lamborghini :P

They arent a single shop, they've expanded Australiawide.

Right now im tempted to ditch my $1500+ insurance to get them to install a 3 or 6 point immobiliser alarm system instead.... only thing stopping me is that there are other ppl driving the car.

• 1 month later...

I was really enjoying reading up about Brant until I cam across this page and my confidence dropped:

http://w3svc172.production.dtchosting.com....D2-815B3A0D0542

Mmmmmm. I’m going to wait a while and see what happens before I get an alarm installed.. thanks for the info though!

FB :D

I was really enjoying reading up about Brant until I cam across this page and my confidence dropped:

http://w3svc172.production.dtchosting.com....D2-815B3A0D0542

Mmmmmm. I’m going to wait a while and see what happens before I get an alarm installed.. thanks for the info though!

FB :D

interesting twist..... didnt see that when i looked at the web site a few weeks ago. :unsure:

Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by neK