where u guys get the mods done?

All the mods so dar I have done by myself or with the assistance of Parkes Bodyworks in Richmond who painted my cars grille and rear skirt. There is no specific place that I know of, as there is very little support for our model of car. All the TRD parts I have sourced from overseas and fitted by me. The Whiteline stuff I have I got through Repco in Richmond. I am about to receive my latest mod tomorrow a AEM Trupower pulley but will probably not have time to fit it till the new year.

For info though

If you do a mod make sure you insurance company knows or you check it out before you do it. If you performance mod your car beyond what they allow as normal you may make your car uninsurable meaning if you have an accident you may not be covered and that would be an expensive mistake, I know it sounds like I am carrying on but I know some one who had a car stolen out the front of ther property and weren't even driving it they were fast asleep and because they did not declare someting re their policy they regected the claim. Goodbye $70K (the car was a Volvo).

Sportivo parts from Toyota are not regarded as a mod though they are regarded as an Accessory. Strut brace's are regarded as a mod, so are CAI's. The exhaust is a mod and because of this I had to switch insurance companys to insure my car. The last company would only insure two mods and then "well sorry we can not insure you if you make anymore changes" yeah thanks very much for nothing. They have now lost all my buisness because of this. And I pay over two grand a year in insurance with my house and cars.

i love DIY, thru it we can learn things abt our cars plus save for some $$$.

another question on insurance, peekay, u have 2 TRD mods in ur car, are they regraded as toyota genious parts?

and, what abt a aftermarket head unit, speakers etc.. so i have to tell the my insurance company for that?

i thought everything that i didnt tell the insurnace company would be an unclaimable items, so my thought was, if my car is stolen or something, then the insurance company will only pay me the agreed value. am i rite?

please correct me if i m wrong!!

• 2 years later...

i love DIY, thru it we can learn things abt our cars plus save for some $$$.

another question on insurance, peekay, u have 2 TRD mods in ur car, are they regraded as toyota genious parts?

and, what abt a aftermarket head unit, speakers etc.. so i have to tell the my insurance company for that?

i thought everything that i didnt tell the insurnace company would be an unclaimable items, so my thought was, if my car is stolen or something, then the insurance company will only pay me the agreed value. am i rite?

please correct me if i m wrong!!

Most insurence companies will find anyway possible of getting out of paying a claim if they can. When they insure your vehicle they will cover you for specifics ... change the vehicle without declaring it and they can come back at you with a line "Thats not the vehicle you insured" Crappy way to do things but unfortunately that is the way they work.

The Volvo incident isn't the only one that has occurred ... hence the reason why we need to declare any changes we make to the vehicles from stock when we start our policies ... kinda sucks!!!