Getting your car even smootherrrrrr

Was looking around before for a d.i.y and came across this. never really thought of doing this but it seems really good, and has a good after look. Silky smooth. Anybody here done this, planning on doing this. Thougt u would like a look...

D.I.Y

pics110105_045.jpg

I seriously considered it ...

but if you ever use any form of car park ... leave them on ...

there is a reason for them .. and they do actually work !! ...

a few times now if I had taken them off I would have some nice dings there ...

esp coz that area of the door ... its quite soft ...

yer i would think they would have a purpouse. but u gota admit it does change the look of the car pretty drastically!!! BUt good smooth door now, Several dollars later with many dints... I know which one i would prefer.

just thought i would show you guys,

2bnvd

I bought my car (second hand) with no door strips/protectors. No idea what the previous owner did with them. I honestly think it makes no difference in looks on all models Conquest and upwards because they are colour coded. However if you have an Ascent with the tacky black ones this could be a good mod.

Some information for some people that might be thinking of doing this

They are there for a purpouse, and thats more then just protect from carpark hazards, dam trollies!

Anyway after a bit of reading, they are there to also help the ammount of sound that is heard when shutting the door. Once take off people have experienced that tinny sound that comes from *cheap* or older cars

However if you really do want to, people have gone to the lengths of actually sticking them back on the inside of the door (behind the trim)

So if you want that look be prepared for the hassle's that may arise, and that includes making the pannel beater your new best friend

Smooth = nice

Nice = Price!

im keeping mine on, i have a lot of dents in my door moulding.... luckily nothing on the actual doors tho

i took them off my old car and it looked awesome.... luckily i didnt get any dents on that car

Each to his/her own :)

How bout these plastic "door protectors" which are meant to do a similar job. I've seen pink ones with shiny reflectors :lol: I'd rather have a nice big dent :D

Oh and with the noise thing, either HDACHE is correct or my friends shut the doors too hard when they get out ;)

Just thought i'd add in that i recently got in a minor accident where a lady changed lanes without looking at her blind spot and scraped my car on the side, she hit the passenger side door protectors, my side skirt and the front guard.

However there was no damage to the door itself as the door protector has taken the impact and let me tell you it is much cheaper to replace that door protector than repairing the door.

Ive still got the side mouldings on my car, yet my door still managed to get dented in a carpark.

Damn inconsiderate ppl (and i even park it in the corner and leave a gap of 40cm between my car and line - yet they still hit it :angry: )