2zzge engine oil leaks on my sportivo

i am new member , how is everyone ? i have taken my stivo for 60,000 km serviced on wed , i bought it in may, 2003 therefore the warranty run out in may this year ,so i asked my mechanic to take a good look for my car especially the engine, he found out the back of the engine ( bottom end on driver side ) slighty oil leaks possibly the crank seal or sump seal or timing cover , he told me to take the car back to dealership to repair it under warranty, does anyone of you have the same problem in your sportivo and why ? thanks !

i am new member , how is everyone ? i have taken my stivo for 60,000 km serviced on wed , i bought it in may, 2003 therefore the warranty run out in may this year ,so i asked my mechanic to take a good look for my car especially the engine, he found out the back of the engine ( bottom end on driver side ) slighty oil leaks possibly the crank seal or sump seal or timing cover , he told me to take the car back to dealership to repair it under warranty, does anyone of you have the same problem in your sportivo and why ? thanks !

Hi, welcome to the forum. Don't know why but definitely get it fixed under Warranty. Have you been servicing the car regularly? Also this should have been spotted by your mechanic if its the case but the CV joints have "popped" out once in my Stivo and spashed oil everywhere on the bottom of my engine and gearbox, so get that checked too.

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Hi, welcome to the forum. Don't know why but definitely get it fixed under Warranty. Have you been servicing the car regularly? Also this should have been spotted by your mechanic if its the case but the CV joints have "popped" out once in my Stivo and spashed oil everywhere on the bottom of my engine and gearbox, so get that checked too.

thanks for your advice Zeerolla, i have my car serviced every 10,000km but i do the the oil change myself every 5,000km because i found the engine oil gone very dark and dirty after 5,000km run, possibly the high lift and the heat cause it , i live in tasmania thats why i can high lift my car more often after midnight in country area , can i ask you, you said your cars' cv joints have popped out , could you explain ? isnt it the cv boot cracks or something to do with bearing ?and what cause this ? do you think the high lift more often can cause oil leaks ?thank you very much !

thanks for your advice Zeerolla, i have my car serviced every 10,000km but i do the the oil change myself every 5,000km because i found the engine oil gone very dark and dirty after 5,000km run, possibly the high lift and the heat cause it , i live in tasmania thats why i can high lift my car more often after midnight in country area , can i ask you, you said your cars' cv joints have popped out , could you explain ? isnt it the cv boot cracks or something to do with bearing ?and what cause this ? do you think the high lift more often can cause oil leaks ?thank you very much !

i thought they cracked but got it checked and it was loose, like half popped out. I think its due to hard cornering.