N80 Radar Cruise Control issues

Goggo

I have 2021 N80 SR5 Hilux, when engaging radar cruise control it seems to work fine for a certain time. Sometimes 10mins, 20mins or even an hour then for no apparent reason it disengages and starts beeping and braking and the distance from the vehicle in front on the dash flashes orange/red, even when there is no car in front of me. To get it to work again I need to turn it off and on again to get it to work. This happened when I first got the car with no bull bar or led lightbar installed and has happened after bullbar and lightbar install. I spoke to Toyota at my first service and explained everything and they told me it is due to the lightbar, so I asked them why did it do it before the lightbar and bullbar install. They couldn’t answer that. Hope you guys can help. Cheers Dean 

• 3 months later...

Hey Mate,

This may not be helpful, but is there anything obstructing the Toyota badge on the front grille? The new Hilux's cant have anything obstructing the badge as it messes with the TSS system. This includes some lightbars/spotlights/UHF aerials etc.