Alright... now it's my turn to have a problem

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill stop spreading rumours... I just said the CAI was not the cause...

LOL .... just having a stab dylan :lol::lol::lol::lol: :P :P :P :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :P :P :P :P :P

Could it also have been the day when you forgot to replace the foggy after the WSID day? it was raining that day wasn't it and maybe the water got sucked up a little bit and casued the spike? Anyhow good to hear its all fixed. Do you know how much the MAF would cost to replace? btw CAIs are a must for the Stivo, can't live without one :P

It may well have been, but even so, it took a long time to cause the problem in that case as it was running fine for a few weeks after that.

But anyway, the CAI and filter have been cleaned and oiled and will be going back on pretty soon as good as new, I can't wait :) :D :D :D :D

hey iv had a similar problem but this is what happens:

i fill up with fuel and once iv done 50km the engine light comes on then once it reaches 3/4 it goes off but the car feels normal as in no cutting out or anything!!

Anyone have a take on this?

Could it be that the fuel is crap? cos im using caltex vortex 98

Well after using BP ultimate 98 oct for the 1st time in months my engine light hasnt come on!

so what i deduce from this is that the caltex vortex 98 aint as good!

hey iv had a similar problem but this is what happens:

i fill up with fuel and once iv done 50km the engine light comes on then once it reaches 3/4 it goes off but the car feels normal as in no cutting out or anything!!

Anyone have a take on this?

Could it be that the fuel is crap? cos im using caltex vortex 98

Well after using BP ultimate 98 oct for the 1st time in months my engine light hasnt come on!

so what i deduce from this is that the caltex vortex 98 aint as good!

Maybe a bad batch of fuel.

Possibly! but i really think that the BP is better! car feels better too. idling is not jumpy

I just filled up with BP Ultimate today :D Actually i have always used BP Ultimate but then when Vortex98 was more available i used that with 4cents discount and "felt" that it was better than Ultimate but i have now gone back to BP bcus its 2cents cheaper than Vortex98.