2021 Rav 4 Hybrid Extra Switch

BlackAndWhiteRav4s

I want to add an extra switch into the interior switch panel next to the steering wheel. I’m planning to connect it to a wireless remote garage door opener. Does anyone know how I go about removing the switch panel so I can add a switch in? I’ve attached some pictures of the panel and the switch

BB5632AF-C01F-4F44-9FE1-ADEFD5E664C1.jpeg

0430EDC9-61A0-48D0-AFED-E93C1A18D814.jpeg

15 minutes ago, BlackAndWhiteRav4s said:

I want to add an extra switch into the interior switch panel next to the steering wheel. I’m planning to connect it to a wireless remote garage door opener. Does anyone know how I go about removing the switch panel so I can add a switch in? I’ve attached some pictures of the panel and the switch

BB5632AF-C01F-4F44-9FE1-ADEFD5E664C1.jpeg

0430EDC9-61A0-48D0-AFED-E93C1A18D814.jpeg

that switch looks like to be a push on/push off type not the type of switch u want im guessing

Edited by Jamie Edwards

It looks like it, but it is a momentary switch, only closing the contacts while it is pushed in. I’m going to wire it to a relay which is then wired to the pads on the circuit board of the remote to simulate someone pressing the button.

10 minutes ago, BlackAndWhiteRav4s said:

It looks like it, but it is a momentary switch, only closing the contacts while it is pushed in. I’m going to wire it to a relay which is then wired to the pads on the circuit board of the remote to simulate someone pressing the button.

the bottom half of the cover that wraps around under the steering wheel should have screw and or clips its fairly easy to take off but be careful at the same time you might need a torch to look around the bottom part of the cover 

Edited by Jamie Edwards