which exhaust for my ae92 corolla sedan ?

Hey all. im relativley new to this forum. Ive just scored myself an ae92 corolla sedan from a family member. As im a p-plater i must have a fat yo cannon exhaust on my car. Just wondering if anyone can give me some advise. I dont want it really loud, just aslong as i can actually hear the car accelerating would be good ;-)

i think it has a 1.5" exhaust at the moment. Im not sure what needs to be done to make it more p-plater'ish. i know im a noob and will get flamed for this. but any advice would be good. also prices and where i can get them. I live in adelaide.

thanks all

Hey all. im relativley new to this forum. Ive just scored myself an ae92 corolla sedan from a family member. As im a p-plater i must have a fat yo cannon exhaust on my car. Just wondering if anyone can give me some advise. I dont want it really loud, just aslong as i can actually hear the car accelerating would be good ;-)

i think it has a 1.5" exhaust at the moment. Im not sure what needs to be done to make it more p-plater'ish. i know im a noob and will get flamed for this. but any advice would be good. also prices and where i can get them. I live in adelaide.

thanks all

Being a P-Plater i am going to assume you are after a budget solution which still looks/sounds the part, so for an optimal system, i would simply go a 2" (its only a 1.6L engine) mandrel bent cat back system just done in mild steel with an X-Force Cannon or something of the sort. Do not get a resonator put in unless you want to cop some more drone/noise as well as cost...

Any half decent exhaust place should be able to knock this up for you within a day, no worries. I would expect to pay at least $250, but go no higher than $350.

Edited by Mintos

2" exhaust + canon + no resonator = Massively loud AE92 with lots of drone.

You dont need a mandrel bent exhaust on your 4af motor. The flow increase is negligable with the amount of bends in an AE92 system.

My preferred "good sounding budget conscious" exhaust is a 2" press bent system with 18" spiral resonator and reverse flow rear muffler like a lukey super turbo etc. Should cost around $200-250 all up depending on the exhaust place you go to. Beware of the cheaper mufflers out there which sound bad and the exhaust shop will say "give it a few miles to wear in..."

If you go with a 2.25" system then you will need two mufflers in the setup to keep the cabin noise level acceptable.

Do not go any bigger than 2"

Do not worry about Mandrel bending, this is for premium systems

You only need Mild Steel Not Stainless

Go to any budget exhaust shop, E.G Carline, Midas

Shouldn't cost anymore than $300 dollars & the shop should be able to custom fabricate in 2 - 3 hours.

Is it possible to just buy a 4" cannon muffler and have them weld it on inplace of the **** ive got there at the moment ????

gerald

There is but honestly it would sound shiete!

Rollamods' suggested system above would sound (and work) better than just a cannon on the back and would cost the same.

Just my 2c