Clicking/Plinking sound when cooling down after short drive

Jimz_GSV50R

Hey guys, went for a short drive in the area about 10 minutes, came home and turned the car off. I have heard light clicking on other cars sometimes after turning off when the components are coolign down, however it seems alot louder this time for some reason. It is a cool night. Just wondering if anyone has had something similar before could it mean anything else?

It did taper and go away and stop after a few minutes, see video below with sound

https://imgur.com/a/uoa2AJq

• 2 weeks later...

Are you able to post the video to YouTube or something? You uploaded to Imgur which converts it to a .gif  😂

I have an 06 ATX and it's done it since I bought the car back in 2019 and it still does it today. It's just everything cooling down, even in a short drive it'll still do it. Keep in mind that even within 10 minutes the engine can still get to 90°C. That metal will always plink and tink when it cools. Every car does it though, some louder than others.
I went for a cruise with a couple of mates after a car meet and I was surprised to hear a Falcon XR6 have the 'plinks' louder than mine (we didn't send it hard, and only went around the block twice). My Holden Rodeo used to be crazy loud when cooling down (but it had no sound deadening and was all metal around the body, no plastic bumpers/shrouds)

There are a few things that can change this too though. Ambient temperature, if you sent the car hard in that 10 minutes, If you're running the air con and it's dripping onto something metal in your car, it'll cool quicker and can change the standard cooling rate of the engine bay, modified exhaust/headers, even a different grill than stock can technically affect air flow for cooling, so it'll cool differently in different areas of the engine. Unless they're alarmingly loud, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, but now I'm curious if it could be an issue. Maybe put a video up that's not a .gif haha.

But yes, all cars clink and tink when cooling down.

Note: I'm not a mechanic or an engineer by any means, so take what I say with a grain of salt.