De-badging the original front grill

Im looking to remove the Toyota Badge from my original front grill.

Tried to pull it off, looks like its stuck on.

Does anyone have any idea how to do it?

(Alternatively has anyone debadged their toyota and feel like donating their Toyota Badge to me? :D )

Edited by neK

i did it!

YAY!

There are two little knobs that poke out at the back of the grill where the badge is.

Using a hairdryer it heats up that section (hence loosing the glue) and then with some gentle pressure push it out.

Probably easier with two ppl than one person.

Took me about 30mins to take it off.

Whatever you do, dont try to try pry it off from the front, you'll end up damaging it.

Mario sprayed his badge black. Looks freakin mad. If I had a black sportivo I'd probably be a smart **** and put gold lexus badges on it just to take the pyss and mystify ignorant people lol.

i got a black 05 stivo and i wanna debadge everything and paint my badges black so i gotta take em off but the front grille looks lyk its acutally in it looks hard to get out lol.

you got a pic of how it looks? just for curiosity's sake...

it looks like a plain toyota badge :P

I'll post some photos up tonight.

Im thinking of sticking the Toyota badge in the middle of my aftermarket grill (cos the grill looks kinda bare without anything on it), what do you guys reckon?

would it be the facelift version or pre??

Pre facelift.

To get the Toyota badge off the grill was taken off too, i dont know how i would be able to de-badge it with it still being on the car.

nah i didnt paint over it.. i took off the badge as nek done... looks pretty good cause it still ahs the toyota sign (mould) wich can be painted gold ect..... just need to block the lil holes.

check out my garage i have a pic of it there

Mario sprayed his badge black. Looks freakin mad. If I had a black sportivo I'd probably be a smart **** and put gold lexus badges on it just to take the pyss and mystify ignorant people lol.

i think sportivo_rice or kyle has done that. just not gold. i've seen quite a few ppl put scion badges, too.

i think sportivo_rice or kyle has done that. just not gold. i've seen quite a few ppl put scion badges, too.

Kyle sure does have Lexus badges... and like you thought they are silver

Pics

Step 1: The stock Front Grill

01grill5fb.th.jpg

Step 2: Heating the Grill

02heat8cp.th.jpg

Step 3: Pushing out the Badge

03grillback5te.th.jpg

Where I've circled in red is the two points you need to push at to get the grill out.

The badge is held to the grill by double sided tape so heating the grill with a hairdryer while pushing the badge out helps loosen the bond.

Woohoo A Toyota Badge

badgefront8bv.th.jpg badgeback9mc.th.jpg

Grill with no badge

grillnobadge13di.th.jpg grillnobadge27jk.th.jpg

nobadgezoom8ko.th.jpg

Im planning on putting the badge on my mesh grill (original grill is going back in the box), will post some pics of that when i get around to doing it

Edited by neK

i got a black 05 stivo and i wanna debadge everything and paint my badges black so i gotta take em off but the front grille looks lyk its acutally in it looks hard to get out lol.

actually it's very easy to remove front toyota badge on facelift rolla.

it's only clip on and all you need to do it use a thin, flat headed screw driver and place it 4 and 8 o'clock on the badge and lever it out. mininal force required.