2022 Corolla Hybrid 12th Gen metallic brake pedal click

Has anyone with an 12th Gen Corolla Hybrid experienced a softened metallic click that can vary in volume when pressing the brake pedal after acceleration or having built up some speed rolling. It primarily manifests after having pressed the accelerator. Is happens 90% of the time and I only began to notice it today when driving through the carpark. It sounds as if it’s coming from the brake pedal assembly itself but from outside the car.

It does not occur if the car is stationary and I push the accelerator and then the brake. It does not occur if the car is stationary and you simply press the brake. It only occurs when the vehicle has some momentum. I don’t recall hearing this sound before. This is right off the back of my electric power steering making a horrendous screeching sound so I’m currently awaiting a new power steering unit to arrive. It’s a little disappointing that a 1 year old car is starting to manifest issues such as these if I’m honest.

Edited by ZRolla

It’s likely the switch at the top of the pedal arm that operated the brake lamps clicking in ( and sometimes out) when you brake.. take a look under the dash, and follow the arm up,, should be a similar to a micro switch there behind the arm( towards the front) a quick squirt of some silicone lubricant( WD 40 smells awful) onto it should fix it… press the brake with your hand while down ther? You’ll soon see where.. as it sounds like it’s an interior noise not an engine bay or underbody one.

hope this helps 

Hoping the rack is warranty… I’m surprised they don’t have it in parts stock!! 
it is likely an isolated issue and isn’t a common problem in them or Toyota would be stiocking  or recalling them. . I hope of yours is off the road you have a loaner in the meantime… Toyota parts can do an urgent air freight v.o.r order( vehicle off road) if you feel it’s taking too long…. 
keep making appointments with the service manager as to its progress… in person.. weekly if you can… I had major issues with a new Celica years ago… it got damaged while in for first service… it snowballed…. And that’s the approach I took to get it sorted( after firstly sending back the 84 corona loan car!!) fingers crossed for you,,, hammer them for results and progress!

• 1 month later...

Hi there, I have a 2008 corolla ascent, that has been doing this since it was 2 years old. Sometimes it is so loud that when coming to a stop at lights etc, others outside the car in their cars or pedestrians can clearly hear it and look up at me. I was under extended warranty with Newcastle Toyota who when it was taken in for service every time for 6 years, most of the time claimed they couldn't hear any noise or didn't know what I was talking about.

(standard practice for them,about everything,ended up with Dept of Fair Trading involved)

Once they were involved, the issue was resolved with note "applied grease to calliper slides".

It worked for a while, comes back every year or 2, needs to be redone, have noted that apparently ALOT of grease is needed to stop it completely, sometimes the tech has done it with i assume general application, result being only dulling sound not stopping completely. Hope that helps