Toyota hilux head unit

21jordo21

Hi, I’m looking for some help. I have a 2008 toyota hilux and it had a Toyota PZQ200-0600 head unit installed and also has an existing reverse camera which was plugged into the back of the PZQ200-0600. I replaced this head unit as it was glitching with a head unit I found on eBay. I was trying to work out how I could re use the existing reverse camera but the cable running from the camera has a male harness plug which originally plugged into the back of the old head unit. The new head unit has its own camera but I want to use the old one. I’ll add a photo off the existing plug and the new head unit and if anyone knows how I can modify it how to make it work with my new head unit that’d be great. Thanks heaps 

Below are the photos of the existing reverse camera, the harness that’s connected to the camera behind the head unit and a photo of the new head unit. The far right plug is for the reverse camera on the new head unit 

FB27FF46-FE34-4FA5-9D9C-F825107E5E31.jpeg

0F063A33-469B-4466-9CB9-D09961AA1E84.jpeg

34830E7E-6A8E-4149-B072-F7A50FEA6F95.jpeg

1116CE30-2BDF-4117-86C5-1D15F01F6C7F.jpeg

Hi,

You could cut the ends of the cable off both and splice the new plug onto the old cable. From my experience there are 4 wires in there, red  = power, black = ground, yellow and white = videos. Unfortunately Toyota most likely didn't stick with these colours. Also, in your last photo, one of the cables looks to be braided.

Herb

Thanks for your reply herb, the cable looks to be only one wire but if I strip it back it could possibly be more wires inside this cable. I would definitely consider splicing but like you said the wiring could all be different from Toyota is there a way of working out specifically which wire is which once I’ve splice the cable ?

OK, I've had a better look at the existing plug, and it does look like a coax type, sorta. If it is then I fear you are stuffed, as the coax is used for the video and the DC power, but requires circuitry at each end to separate the video from the power, which the new head unit won't have. You might just have to use the new camera.

Sorry.

PS The colours I mentioned, previously were for a display unit that has two video inputs, which are one each of the white and yellow wires.

Herb