replacement suspension bushes and shocks

BuffaloMG

how do

I need to replace the suspension bushes and dampers for my FJ62 (at this stage i think the springs are fine as no sagging appears to be occurring).

Has anyone got any make/model recommendations? Also likely cost..?

The vehicle gets used frequently on bush treks and is sometimes quite heavily loaded with all the gear for longer treks.

Thanks in advance

~PHIL

• 1 month later...

hey phil the best make of spring bushes and dampers i think, would be old man emu

i got them on my L/C and havnt had any problems with them, they are a popular brand and high quality.

if you go treking alot and with heavy loads i would recommend having a look at all your suspension, if its original, it may be worn, if so the handling, steering and braking will suffer, as well as ride hieght and other problems will occur. you dont want worn suspension specialy in the sticks when the going gets tough.

just a question bout the leaf springs are they original????

hey phil the best make of spring bushes and dampers i think, would be old man emu

i got them on my L/C and havnt had any problems with them, they are a popular brand and high quality.

if you go treking alot and with heavy loads i would recommend having a look at all your suspension, if its original, it may be worn, if so the handling, steering and braking will suffer, as well as ride hieght and other problems will occur. you dont want worn suspension specialy in the sticks when the going gets tough.

just a question bout the leaf springs are they original????

Hey! Thanks for the reply!

I'm not sure about the springs to be quite honest, but like i say there appears to be no sag on the springs, but that said the brackets that wrap around the leaves appear to be stretchin slightly.

I was thinking about just replacing the bushes and dampers now and seeinghow we go, then maybe doing the springs in a subsequent month. Although it would be easier to put new bushes in new springs thats for sure..! ;)

Definitely i will be doing the bushes/dampers before our planned trek up the west coast in oct/nov!